Premed 101 Forums

Class of 2007 demographics

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Leslie Taylor flashed the numbers briefly in her overheads during her presentation at the recent HBSU Medical School Symposium, but I missed them. Could someone possibly provide the ratio of female to male students in the UofT class of 2007?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there doctorfunk,

Those numbers look quite similar to those for the 2006 class, no? :rolleyes I recall the numbers that Leslie posted were quite skewed towards women. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hi Kirsteen,

My memory for August isn't superb, but I recall hearing something about how this is the first year to have more women than men. U of T has been the one school not to follow the trend toward more female representation in medicine--until this year.

That's how I remember it at least.

bj

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Yep, and thanks. That's what Leslie Taylor alluded to in her recent presentation. However, I'd love to learn what the actual ratio is.:)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest doctorfunk

the 51/49 was reported during a welcoming ceremony speech (dean naylor?) during o-week.

looking at the class composite, there are slightly more females than males in the OT7 class, but it's pretty close to a half/half split.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

One thing I learned from traveling in India, seeing the movie, "Monster", and taking a few statistics courses is that there is often a huge range of explanations for people doing what they do that may not be what you'd first expect. :) In this case, I'm writing an article related to the topic, and good, accurate data is always nice to include. :) I've contacted UofT Admissions for the information although have received nothing yet, so if anyone is aware of a more expedient route to obtaining this data, please let me know. (Yay for the francophone schools, by the way: I received an e-mail response with the data at 6:15am today. Seemingly, they're pleased to participate.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived