Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invitations

Guest Teemster

Guest Teemster

Hi,

When should applicants expect their interview invitations? Are they all sent out at the same time? I know that interviews are conducted over several weekends in the spring ... How do the schools decide when an applicant will be interviewed?

Thanks so much!

Hi Teemster,

If only the process was faster. . .

You will likely have to wait until January or February before you get any interview invites (although that may be different for MD/PhD applicants and other provinces like Quebec). Right now, OMSAS is finishing up putting together all the applications and getting ready to pass them on to the individual schools. U of T won't even get a chance to evaluate the applications until December/January, and then they have to rank, etc.

Needless to say, the invites are mailed out in the new year. If I remember correctly, Queen's sent theirs out first (late January), and some U of T people didn't even get notified of invites until March/April.

The wait sucks. It's hard. But hopefully this time next year you will be worrying about anatomy or respirology instead of applications and invites!

bj

• 1 month later...
Guest yameater

I was wondering, of the ~1700 applicants to U of T, how many actually get invited for interviews? Are all qualified candidates given an interview, or is there a limit to how many the admissions committee will invite for interviews? Is it true there is a "social" before these interviews?

Thanks! This waiting and not-knowing is really nerve-racking...or is it just me? :\

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

In the UofT FAQ, kindly composed and posted by UTMeds07, it was noted that ~450 applicants have been interviewed each year, in the past.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

I assume that they do, as long as you are applying for an MD spot and not in the MD/PhD stream... There were grad applicants being interviewed at UofT the same day as I was.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I was under the impression in previous years that the initial batches of invitations for the first interview dates were composed primarily of undergraduate applicants. This because it seemed to take a little longer to assess all the graduate applicants once their graduate productivity materials had been received, mid-January. Whether or not that may be the case this year? :rolleyes

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived