Premed 101 Forums

Help with DAT! anyone got tips?

I'm currently doing around 6 J. West in 's cars passages for RC section of DAT. I know it's not representative AT ALL, but its free,  shit ton of questions available all online.

I am finding this so much harder though. I think I am putting myself under unnecessary stress. I wish there is better material to prepare for RC. Reading fast without answering questions is fruitless, 

Any tips on how to score very high on reading?

I am writing Canadian DAT, have Crusher's resources, but using all their RC tests for practice material - is this wise? if anyone could provide feedback would be much appreciated!

ALSO!

TFE - I am finding this section the hardest! How do you actually practice for this? I read some people use lego and draw out the top front and end views of hand made shapes. I am drawing out my own answer before looking at answer choices right now. it helps, but it's very slow. I can get questions right but it takes a ton of time! Any tips would be much appreciated!

Angles - I used crusher's printed out generated angles > and can pretty much get 15/15 on all of them if I spend (on average) 1 min per question. If I rush, accuracy plummets to like 10-11/15 while saving around 10 minutes. Any tips of this would also be helpful!

Thanks guys! 

If you're scoring 15/15 on DATCrusher's printed angle ranking questions, you're doing great. Just try to reduce the time to under 40s if you can since 1min per question is way too much. With lots of practice, you can definitely do it. For TFE, I kept going through the Crusher compilation questions after completing all the practice tests and thats how I mastered the TFE section. You can also use DATBootcamp if you have enough money. As for RC, maybe try practicing with IQ publications for the time-being or just try reading daily, over time you should be able to read faster/better. :)

Archived