Premed 101 Forums

this is it!

Guest brownthug

Guest brownthug

so nervous! ahhhhhh

nail-biting time!

looks like im going to have to drink excessively this weekend to prepare myself for the news , good or bad

cheers everyone

Guest GradApp

i think we're all with you on that plan, i know that's how i'm spending my weekend!

good luck everyone, i hope we all get great news next week.

:)

Guest skofu

ahhhh, sunday afternoon...

it comes as no surprise to me that my head hurts... my roommate is, however, still convinced that i should continue consuming alcohol until i get the letter of yea or nay. i'm going to have to talk my way out of it, because it's not helping my situation at this point... although last night it seemed like a grand idea.

Guest brownthug

ahh

recovery is a biatch lol

i woke up at 3:30pm.. i gotta get a job goddamit!

anyways i have a quick question

were the letters mailed out before this weekend

or are they going to be mailed out tomorrow (may 31st)

just wondering whether i should make the trek to the mailbox every day

thanks

Guest aberza

As far as I know (according to the UofT website), the letters are mailed out on the last working day in May, which is tomarrow.

A

Guest Braveheart

Tomorrow eh? Ah man, why don't these med schools consider using email rather than snail mail? Is UofT the number one choice for all of you?

Good luck to you all!

Guest thomas

I really need to know asap. My partner has been given a job offer in toronto, and her accepting the offer depends on whether i am accepted to u of t.

Do you think if i call and ask, they will tell me over the phone. Of course I remember being told otherwise, but I wonder whether they'll bend considering special circumstances.

Any thoughts on this subject?

To phone or not to phone. That is the question!

Guest studentz

Phone...and try to confirm how (regular/xpresspost) the offers are being sent out! I think your situation is a bit different than all of us who may come across as impatient, though with good reason!

Guest ttryit

Tommy, well done for having the b***s to call!

Knowing whether it is regular mail or some sort of courier like Xpresspost would be hugely helpful!

tt

Guest brownthug

talk about not being able to sleep last nite... argh..

dreams of knife fights and boat capsizing?

u of T, look what you're doing to me!

Guest thomas

So I phoned the office, and I was told that the letters are sent regular mail. The secretary then reminded me (in a voice mixed with cool and annoyance) of what we were told during the interviews, that "we are not to phone today".

I wanted to get into reasons why I had to know (ie. Partner has a job offer in TO, and that her taking the offer hinges on me moving to UofT for meds), but it just would have felt like begging to a brick wall so I simply apologized. It looks like we'll all have to wait for the snail mail.

Enjoy!! I know I will!

Guest Steve U of T

Snail mail is a bit of a misnomer. If it went out first thing in the morning, it could arrive as early as tomorrow in Toronto, and Thursday-Friday for most of Ontario. I'm hoping I hear by Thursday. I'm flying to Florida for a conference on Friday morning and won't be back until next Wednesday.

Archived