Premed 101 Forums

A Possible Room for Rent

Guest marbledust

Guest marbledust

A friend of mine is potentially renting out a bedroom in her two bedroom apartment in Lakeview. The place is about a 10-12 minute car ride from the medical school. I am not sure about transit accesibilty, but there is a bus nearby that goes downtown and her apartment is a short walk from Mount Royal College, where a person can catch the #20 bus direct to the Foothills. It's an awesome neighbourhood close to shopping and downtown, as well as the Glenmore Resevoir, the Weaselhead recreation area, Sandy Beach, and tons of bike paths.

I think she will be asking $500 a month plus half on utilities (around $20 for electricity and $60 for internet/digital cable)--although that might be negotiable. Her lovely landlord just jacked up her rent $400 a month; she just renewed her one year lease and is looking for somebody to share expenses. She basically works around the clock (she's a paramedic and a grad student), so she needs to find somebody who will be compatible with that. I can vouch that she is an awesome gal and would make an excellent roomy. I told her I would post a message here because she is still a bit unsure about advertising in public.

If anybody thinks they might be interested, PM me and I can pass on her email. I am guessing she will probably be wanting somebody by about June 15, but would probably be flexible in terms of an earlier or later date.

PS She currently has two cats, to forewarn those with allergies.

**Edited to add: She is okay with males or females and, depending on the animal, those with pets would also be welcome

Guest cpltanto

lol, maybe wrong thread to post,

but anyone rentint out a place closer to the foothills campus... preferably male and no pets... dont think my gf or my parents would be ok with me rooming with a female haha

Archived