Premed 101 Forums

IT'S CONFIRMED 125 FOR AUGUST!!!

Guest happy2bme

Guest medsmurf

That's awesome :rollin

It's unfortunate that I had a bad interview this year because even with the odds as good as they are I'd be suprised if I made the cut. Oh well...not much I can do now.

i'm so happy that the rumor mill can now be put to the test. waiting is bad enough without having all these seat rumors floating around. i'm so happy that there are new spots...this was definately a good year to be part of the process. T-37 days..... can't wait to know so that i can actually figure out what i'm doing next year. The government actually came through for once....yeah!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Guest jess from etown

hey

i'm with medsmurf. my interview was a mess. every station just got worse and worse. and by the time of the essay i had zero morale. but i'm really happy for the rest of you because everyone i met on my interview day was really nice and i think you guys will have a great time together.

SWEEEEEEET!

Pretty nice deal...I can't wait until we get a little closer to the big day and more details start to come out. This board is gonna be an exciting place in a little over a month ;)

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Wow, and on the same week-end the flames secure their playoff spot. Hope to see many of you in August!

Edit: Happy- tell the truth now... How many times a day have you been checking the website for that announcement?

:rollin

Guest happy2bme

Seriously........I check the UofC website everyday looking for any tidbit of info! Friday was an unusual day in that I actually went looking for curicullum information in the afternoon ( my 2nd time that day) and low and behold, those blessed bright red letters were shining at me!!!! Of course I had to share the news as soon as possible with all of you, my fellow waiters.....

By the way why is the curiculum section password protected???

Guest wylie348

It was really nice to see - and this is a great way to improve our chances! Here is hoping I will see Smurf and Happy this fall over the foosball table (gee ... I will definitely be setting up a fund if I get in to get a new one - looks like last year it fizzled out)!

Now if only May 15th could come faster...!

:rollin

Guest happy2bme

Wylie, if I recall you have a family, are they going to move to Calgary if, I mean when, you get accepted this year?

Or are you going to try and commute, Calgary during the week and home on the weekend?

I'm interested only because I'd like to hear from others on how they plan to balance an active family with school aged children and how they are handling the unique challenges that school age children present. It is alot easier to find someone to watch a young child not in any activities, than finding someone to drive to piano lessons/hockey/dance class/ christmas concerts etc.....

Like to hear your thoughts, and if I am mistaken about you having kids, please just disregard! Have a great day!

Guest CrazyKath

Ooo congrats guys! What a boost to get as you wait to hear back from your interviews etc.

Now you realize that despite out-numbering us... we Tuataras will still beat you at foos, and hockey, and partying... and everything else cool.

haha trash talk already... I LOVE it!

Congrats again!

Guest wylie348

Well, I am a hockey player, and I love foosball - so you are on Kath!

Happy- yes - I have three wonderful daughters (twins incl.) - but we will probably live in Cowtown if at all possible. Of course, my wife will be supporting us for the duration, so that may be a stretch unless she can get a good job in the city!

Here is hoping!

:)

Guest Lurkergonepublic

There are definately no shortage of jobs in the city - much more a shortage of labour. Of course, good jobs might be another question and depends on the field. I always thought it was strange how many places complain that they have a labour shortage when they only pay $7 an hour...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cpltanto

Hey!

Does anyone know out of the 288 interviewees, how many were in-province?

i know that 85% of those 125 spots are for in-province, but wasn't sure the stat for the interviews

THANKS!

Guest Lurkergonepublic

If I remember correctly without looking for my post, I think it was "about 75" I was told by the admissions office, so I would say 75+/- 2ish. :)

Guest happy2bme

Anyone notice that on the UofC admissions homepage it says the TOP 85% Albertans will be accepted...I know it's a misprint and its meant to mean 85% of seats as in the statement higher on the webpage, but still it would be nice if they only had had to reject 15% of us!!!

Archived