Premed 101 Forums

How to solve this problem?

Hi I'm a 13 year old boy and I was recently told that I've got a quite severe dental condition. If anyone knows how to solution to this please reply.  I have an:

Open bite (8mm gap) and a lower jaw that isn't growing whereas my upper jaw is. The dentist told me that they could have fixed the lower jaw problem if id been bought there at the age of 10. They also told me that they could use drills or something similar to decrease the gap by maybe 5mm. Leaving me with a 3mm gap and a lower jaw problem. I was also told to do an xray.

If anyone knows how to solution to this please reply. 

Thanks and please don't report me. Id just like some help and opinions from others around the world

Edited by Fahad
Mistake

Hi,

Every medical/dental situation is different and requires to see a professional (here a dentist) in person to assess the problem and suggest solutions. I don't think we have here enough informations to help you find solutions. You should follow what your dentist suggested or consult another one to have a different opinion. you are still underaged so you should talk with your parents to see if that would be possible and to share your concerns. No professional would or should tell you if this is right or wrong over a simple description of what  your dentist told you you have. They need to see it,  touch it and have a lot more background informations and antecedents about you (from your parents and medical record) to piece things up together and suggest the best approach. 

I wish you to get things sorted out but internet is not the best place to get a diagnosis or verify if one is legit

talk about it with your parents and dentist and ask them questions showing that it matters to you to understand why this or that treatment was recommended over another one 

best of luck