Premed 101 Forums

If UofA incomingz can do it (albeit half-assed)...

Guest btrots

Guest btrots

Hey all.

Just wanted to throw an idea out there...anyone interested in meeting for a beer the week before school starts? I'm sure we'll have a ton of time to chat it up at O-week, but there can't be any harm in getting a jump on the icebreaking...plus, I'll be so damn excited in the days leading up to Aug. 3, my non-med friends will probably be ignoring my calls. Better that we annoy each other...:smokin

Just a thought...tons 'o time to go.

b

Guest btrots

Cool, I`ll be back in Canada around the 26th, so Sat sounds perfect. I`ve been dying to hit up a patio for the last few months, so does anyone have any good suggestions of where to go? Downtown? I`m a bit out of the Calgary loop as of late, so if anyone has something in mind, throw it out.

b

Hey y'all,

I'm always down for beer! I'm going on vacation but should be back by the weekend before school starts.

Axiously awaiting details...

Ciao

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CrazyKath

Hey team,

Just found out I'm IN! And I'd love to hit the patio and down a beer (or two) with my new classmates.

That is if I can get my stuff together and move out there in two weeks! :rolleyes

Guest CrazyKath

Hey all,

Just curious to know if anyone is still interested in meeting for a drink before O-week? I'm moving into Calgary on the 31st (so I'll miss Sat), but I'm right by Moose McGuire's and will be driving my friends crazy waiting for the 3rd!!

Post if interested, sounds like more fun than unpacking all day:D

~K~

Guest squeegy80

I'm definitely still interested! But since so many people won't be there yet on Saturday, maybe we should do it later. I'm guessing a lot of people will be moving down on the 31st or 1st, so maybe Monday night is best?

I've counted over 20 people on the forum from U of C Meds '08 (can't wait until we actually get a name) so hopefully we can get at least half of that at the pre-O-week meeting.

So keep posting if you're interested, I'm really looking forward to getting this meeting going.

squeegy

Guest megs29

I vote for Sunday. Although I'm not a U of C Meds '08. So I don't really get a vote. I'll be in town hanging out with squeegy so I might have to tag along.

No one minds if a U of A Meds '09 stops by, do they? :P

Megs

Guest CrazyKath

Glad to hear there is still interest!

I'm moving in on Sunday so I'm good for a "post box hauling up to the 16th floor" beer or a soothing "post unpacking" monday beer.

As long as there is beer! :D

Sounds like Sunday??

Guest Win2002

I just got into Calgary a couple days ago. Managed to find myself a pretty nice spot so now I have too much time on my hands.

A pre orientation meet-greet/drink sounds great. Any day, time is just fine with me.

-Win

Guest squeegy80

Ok so Sunday seems best for everyone. How does 8pm at Moose Maguires on Sunday sound?

So far we have these people saying they are good for Sunday (some are pending confirmation for the time):

squeegy80 (with megs29)

fizzicyst

CrazyKath

Win2002

btrots

Also chenzy, siRNA and IBMD, LilRed, NorthernMed and possibly jA were originally interested. If there's anyone else, don't hesitate to post!

So is that time good for everyone?

Guest squeegy80

Well I'm off to Calgary tomorrow, and I may not have internet access until next week so this will probably be my final post before the meeting.

I hope we get a good turnout for this, it'll be nice to know some people when O-week gets going. To reiterate, it's Moose Maguires at around 8pm on Sunday. So that we can find each other I'll put my name down for a table, under Michael.

If you can't make it for 8, just drop by whenever you can. And don't worry if you haven't posted here, I'm sure we'll be happy to meet all the shy people that don't post.

See you all soon!!

Michael

Guest Win2002

I'm also going to have dubious internet access so I'll look for a table with a squeegy bearing michael around 8pm on Sunday.

If i'm the first one there, I'll be the guy looking dazed and confused...

Win

Guest btrots

Looks like I won't be able to make it tonight afterall. My grandparents are in town, and we're all going out for dinner a lot later than I'd hoped (not sure how long everyone will be hanging around at the pub for). @#%$ timing...

Anyways, I guess I'll meet ya all in a few days!

b

Guest CrazyKath

Curious.. I showed up at McGuires at 8 and apparantly the reservation is for 10? Am I dazed and confused??

Luckily my place is literally 2 min away so if there are no posts before then I'll toddle down again for 10.

Hehe not like I have anything better to do! (At least not until Wed :D )

Guest squeegy80

Hey Kath,

The reservation was for 10 PEOPLE, for 8pm :\ I guess it was the waitress that was dazed and confused.

There ended up being 7 of us there (plus megs29, but she doesn't count). And we were ALL guys!! So we definitely missed the female representation there, but it was fun nonetheless. We were at a table indoors near the exit to the patio. I thought we picked up on anyone coming in alone with a searching look on their face, but we must have missed you :(

I guess we'll just have to meet you in a couple days!

squeegy

Archived