Premed 101 Forums

Parking passes at Queen's or downtown?

Guest UofOBPS

Guest brownie99

An awful lot of students live within walking distance of the campus in or around the student ghetto. Both Queen's campus and downtown have little parking and it is expensive. Your best bet if you are planning to live a fair distance from the campus would probably be to look into renting a parking spot from pple living in the student ghetto. Parking seems to range from $20-40/month. Hope thats helpful.

Guest FlamingSheep

I think Meds House rents parking spots too... You could contact them about that (check the Meds House thread in this forum).

Guest Wheels2010

Hey! From what I've heard (and if it's still operating this year), there's free parking at the West Campus gravel lot and a free shuttle downtown from there. It may be a bit less convenient, but it saves the trouble of finding and paying for parking. More info can be found at www.queensu.ca/pps by clicking on Parking under Departments.

Cheers,

Wheels

• 1 month later...

There's an awful shortage of parking around Queen's unfortunately... you can try City Hall for a pass for the carparks downtown, but I think there's a wait list for those (exactly what you guys need... more wait lists...). What's more, there'll probably be even less parking on campus with the Queen's Centre construction coming up.

Probably for 1st and 2nd years (when you've generally got only morning courses to go to every day) you might be able to get by with off-street parking in the area around campus. You'll have to map out which streets allow parking at which times of the day (they're different for almost every street). Come clerkship and full-time duties, an on-campus pass would be best, but the West Campus lot isn't too bad of an option (after all, real-world townie staff use it).

First choice though, save yourself the trouble and get a place close to campus. Walkability's one thing Queen's has over most places, make the most of it!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to latch on to this thread

But I was wondering if you need a car during your four years, especially while you're in clerkship.

I was thinking of selling my car to get some extra cash and to make myself more appealing to OSAP next year.

Archived