Premed 101 Forums

Queens raised VR cutoff

Guest rubberoduck

Guest coastalslacker

Though I can't give you a reference, I have consistently read over the years that scoring well in VR has the highest correlation with doing well in med school. I think because it's the only section that you can't really study for-you can either play or you can't.

Guest shadowguitar

The cutoffs are entirely dependant on the applicant pool. They take the top 450-500 GPAs and MCATs and offer interviews to those people. It is not a pre-determined thing.

I cannot remember which one they consider first, but this is how it works:

...they take the top 800 or so GPAs (or MCATs....again, I do not remember which they consider first), and from those they take the top 450 or so MCATs (or GPAs) and that is who gets interviews.

So it is not like the admissions committee sat around and said "hmmm, let's make it tougher to get in this year".

• 5 months later...
Guest akinf

Queen's seems so intense, but in reality, don't most people who get interviews at other schools have stats like those anyways?

Guest el pansito

about the VR cutoff....I got 9 the first time I wrote the MCAT and 13 the second time. so....the truth is that the MCAT is just one day in your life, and you could just have a bad day.

I agree with cutoffs, I think 9 is ok but 10 is a bit steep for VR.

Archived