Premed 101 Forums

question for med students on the board

Guest ct401

Guest BrownBebe

Hey ct401. Good question! You'd think so, but apparently a few of my classmates had awful interviews at Queen's. Grilled and diced at the block. But hey, they were the first ones to get in...!

Mine went well though. Sorry :) Hope yours did too.

Guest flying kumquat

I thought my interview was horrible. I wasn't really grilled in the interview (except for a couple questions from the community member that did throw me off), but I was really unhappy with my responses and the general impression I thought I gave. I was so discouraged afterwards that I skipped out on all the tours, figuring I'd never be back in Kingston again, so why bother.

But here I am in Kingston this year. I didn't get a first round acceptance, but I did get an acceptance. I think, overall, it's really hard to self-assess in situations like interviews that are pretty stressful. Or maybe I'm just bad at that type of self-assessment :P

Guest little endian

I thought that my interview at Queen's went really well, but, I thought my interview at U of T went horribly when i applied and I got in. So, I don't think the interviewee's perception of how the interview goes is necessarily a good assessment.

Archived