Premed 101 Forums

grad letters?

Guest siobhansiobhan

Guest siobhansiobhan

With a post of our very own, we'll be able to figure out if any have been received yet.

I'm a grad applicant in Toronto, no letter yet. In fact, I'm wondering if I should be calling -

current queens students, do you know if the grad letters are sent yet?

Siobhan

Guest jaegwon

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I'm taking the lack of responses to be a good sign. If nobody has heard yet, perhaps letters to the bubble grad students haven't gone out yet... :\

Hi there:

I know how awful this period of compulsive mailbox checking can be *winks*... so I thought I'd offer a little bit of hope to those grad applicants still waiting...

I received my *rejection* letter last week, after an email from the admissions office asking me to confirm the anticipated date of completion of my degree. At that time they indicated they were reviewing my file.

So perhaps no news, is good news!

All the best to those still waiting!

~S.

Guest try2dstress

Hi All,

I'm a grad student and got my interview invitation when all the rest were posting. But I also met the initial undergrad cut-offs (just barely) so I guess they didn't consider me separately.

So if you haven't gotten a rejection yet, I'd say that no news is good news and they're probably still reviewing you taking into consideration your 'grad' accomplishments.

Good luck!

Guest DownTownJB

I have spoken with admissions.....Apparently the graduate review committee met on monday, and decisions have been made. They sent out letters on tuesday from what I was told!! So hold your breath!!!!!

J

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GiantsFan4Ever

Hey Jaegwon,

Congrats on your interview.

I noticed in your other post, that you mention your GPA is below 3.78. You mind sharing what it is? I am also a Grad student, and my GPA is 3.68 in my most recent 2. Wondering if I have a shot, thx.

Guest ssc427

my gpa is 3.60 overall and not much better in the last 2 and I have interviews at all the Ontario schools which give grads a different review (Queens, UofT and UofO (OOP)) so yes, you do have a shot if your research, MCAT and ECs are solid.

Guest jaegwon

Hi GFan -

My last two year GPA was 3.68 (3.5ish and 3.8 I think).

I just had my interview yesterday and I think it went well...good luck with your applications!

Archived