Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Interview Website

Guest amivore

Guest amivore

Hi Interviewees!!

The Class of 2009 has set up an interview website for you guys, which can be accessed at:

meds.queensu.ca/students/.../index.htm

You'll find information about social events happening on the interview weekends (updated when we know more :D ), a whole class profile of Meds 2009 (soon with demographic information too), links, contacts, etc. We want your interview weekend to go as smoothly and be as fun as possible, so please don't hesitate to contact anyone with questions. And do try to make it to the interview weekend social events and see how fun Queen's Medicine can be!!

Good luck!

Amy

Guest QueensMSc

Also, we would like to add that significant others, parents, etc are not only welcomed at Queen's Interview Weekend, they're attendance is encouraged.

We recognize that sometimes that special someone (hopefully your girlfriend / boyfriend and not your parent) may heavily influence your choice of academic institution. For this reason, we would like you to bring them along with you. All of our extra-interview events are designed to accomodate guests and we will be making an effort to have the significant others of our own class on hand to answer all important questions about Kingston and what it's like to date a med student (in case you're wondering, I've been told it's absolutely mind blowing).

Looking forward to meeting you in a few short weeks. We're going to sell our school to you and those that are important in your life.

Best wishes.

Gregg

gregg@biomed.queensu.ca

I agree whole-heartedly with Gregg. All significant others are highly encouraged to come along for the interview weekend events. Last year my girlfriend took part in a number of events (except, of course, the interview itself), and this gave her a good guage on what the Kingston/Queen's community is like. I encourage you all to come check out some of the non-interview events and chat with the current first-year class, and I look forward to meeting you all in a few weeks!

-Elisha

Guest NeuroObsessed

Yeah same here... my parents both wanted to come... but, I think I can make it so that only one will come! :o

Being single at the moment, don't really have anybody else to bring... |I

Parents are certainly welcome to accompany interviewees and check out the events and the school/town. The tour of Kingston is quite enjoyable. Perhaps they can even provide some insight into whether choosing Queen's is the right decision for you. However, some of the events such as the Friday night at the Tir Nan Og and the Saturday night dinner and the Meds House shindig are mainly geared toward interviewees (and of course their significant others) who wish to converse with current med students about the school and life in Kingston. Parents may not gain so much from these - so consider dropping them off at a movie theatre or Starbucks (try the Sleepless Goat - much better!).

I just checked the website and it would appear as though you are correct about the Tir Nan Og and MEds House events... Last year it was Fri and Sat, so I will double-check to make sure the interview website is correct... I have my suspicions... stay tuned!

Guest QueensMSc

Parents are certainly welcome and a very common site on interview day. In fact, our Kingston tour and information session with current students and Associate Dean Dr. Holland are great opportunities for you and your folks to ask those pressing questions relating to tuition costs, housing and K-Town life.

Bring them along and enjoy the day. You might even get them to pay for a few of your meals.

Regarding the event schedule, the website will be updated to clarify that the Tirnanog social will be happening on Friday and the dinner / martini night at Meds House on Saturday. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for keeping us on our toes.

G

Archived