Premed 101 Forums

Queens Essay Questions

Guest ubcredfox

Guest ubcredfox

Is anyone else finding these difficult, it's as if i've hit a mental block with questions 2 and 3. Days are running low, and I just can't seem to get through it..

Any ideas on good ways out of this situation/what exactly they're looking for? Would #2 (the question, not bowel movement) be more "factual" or more "motivational"?

Good luck.

Guest geekpunk

I hear ya...I really should've tried to finish these up after the MCAT but I slacked and now the days are running out. I prety much have Questions 1-3 left, although I have about 1000 characters for each so I've just got add a bit more and edit. Unfortunately, I think I'll only have my parents and maybe a friend to read them over once before I submit.

To top it off, I've still got to finish up the Toronto Essay too! About ~600 words right now. Aaaaaaaaaaah

Why oh why couldn't all schools be as simple in applying as Western?! :rollin

Guest uftstudent

Hi...I was wondering for this question that asks us to explain past experiences and development...is it a good idea to mention education? After all, it has helped prepare me for medicine...or are they looking for more non-academic responses here? Of course i'll also mention other activities...

thanks for your help!!!

Guest seedstrike

Hi uftstudent.

By education, do you mean your undergraduate degree? That is important and you can mention that your degree has somehow helped you decide on medicine as a career. But I assume there must be some other factors in your life (volunteering, TAing, Research, Docs in the family, camp couselling, etc) that has impacted your decision. By past experiences, the adcomm is more interested in these factors considering they already know the undergrad degree you are pursuing.

Archived