Premed 101 Forums

mcat cutoff

Guest mistiss

Guest mistiss

Hi

Is the Queen's mcat cutoff always 32 or does that change yearly? Do we wait till mcat is written to find out what the cutoff is?

Thanks!

Guest jaegwon

It changes every year....and you have to wait much longer than August to know what the cutoff is :(

It's determined after they receive all applications. You have no choice but to apply and hope you are above the cutoff. That said, its unlikely to drop much. What could happen is that the overall score could drop and individual section requirements could go up (i.e. min. 32 is lowered to min 31, but a 10 is required for each section...or something like that).

Guest ucbound

hi,

how likely do you folks think the mcat sum of 32 will change for 2006 since for the past two years, it's remained the same at 32. are applicants getting more competitive since only two years ago, the mcat sum total was only 30?

cheers

Guest kaisermark

good question. there's no way to really guess with certainty, but I would speculate that it will stay at 32. This year is the double cohort's year to apply, and I think applications will go up.

Just to clarify, I think the bulk of the double cohort would be applying not this year but next. My sister was on the OAC end of the double cohort and she's just entering 3rd year now. So it would only be people applying out of 3rd year or who fast-tracked through 5 years of high school and are now in 4th year that would be applying from the double cohort. Also, I seem to recall that spaces at many Universities were not increased that dramatically. It will be interesting to see if there is much of a spike in applicants this year or next at all.

Archived