Premed 101 Forums

Help with Housing

Guest snowpea

Guest snowpea

Hi all,

I just recieved an email offering admissions, so, yay! But, having lived at home in Vancouver all my life (went to UBC for undergrad) I have no idea where to start when it comes to finding housing in a place half way across the country. It doesn't help that I am currently out of the country (and won't be back in Canada until Aug), so have limited access to the internet. Can people tell me where to start looking? Is there a website for housing in Kinston? I'm looking for some place nice, near the school, non-ghetto (just read this term somewhere, hope it's not offensive), non-smoking, no pets, etc.

Thanks for all the help!

Guest MD Hammer

I found out about Homestead Landholdings from this board. Both members of this board and the housing section of "What's Up Doc" have vouched that their buildings are fairly well maintained. From my experience speaking to their staff over the phone, they seem very nice, helpful and professional! Their website is:

www.homestead.on.ca/index.asp

Finding a place through Homestead takes a bit of persistence - places that open up tend to be taken in a few hours! Just call back regularly and see what pops up.

Another professional management company is Keystone Property Management. Their website is

www.keyprop.com/

They still have quite a few one bedroom and bachelor vacancies available. In a pinch, they may be a good company to go with.

Hope that helps!

Hammer

Guest kaisermark

Hey,

In my own search for a place, I called Homestead. They told me of the buildings close to the school they have nothing left. Call anyways in case I misheard, but make sure you pursue your other opportunities too. From what I hear, Medshouse still has a spot or two left.

Good luck, and see you in September.

-Mark

Guest kahone

I just got an email from them wrt availability of their places and there isn't much near to campus. If you OK with some distance from downtown and campus, yes there is a bunch but forget near the water or at Brock Towers and Skyline. Keystone has a pile of places (or did 2 wks ago) open...July is often a busy month for renters so keep looking.

K

Guest coastalslacker

Give Meds House a call. I lived there last year and had a blast. Couldn't get any closer to school and made friends in each of the years which has made the hospital a much friendlier place this summer.

Number for Meds House is 1 613 546-6504. Or check out the Meds House topic in this forum.

Archived