Premed 101 Forums

Workout Facilities

Guest DrNicki

Guest DrNicki

Does anyone know of good alternative workout facilities close to campus? I haven't heard the best stuff about the Queen's athletics centre, and I won't have a car. Your input is appreciated!

N.

Guest flying kumquat

I was reading through last year's What's Up Doc? and found some gym info. Seems there's a Goodlife and YMCA around. You should check out the whole pamphlet - there's a lot of good information to browse through!

Guest HSR07

Alot of med students belong to Goodlife. There is a location downtown that is close to the area where alot of med students live (5-10 minute walk), and we get a corporate deal on the membership so it's a decent price. I also like it because the membership works at any goodlife location, so when I'm at home or on elective somewhere, there is often a goodlife nearby.

Guest little endian

The Y has the same policy, if you are a member of the Y in one place you can go to any Y when travelling around, even those in other countries if you go through the right procedure.

Guest Valani9

The Queen's gym is pretty terrible. They're building a new one, but it won't be done for years.

Goodlife is good enough, and only about $30/month, which is a great deal for a gym like that.

Archived