Premed 101 Forums

GPA Cutoff change for 2006 applicants?

Guest riffraff

Guest riffraff

Hi,

I know the GPA cutoff for those that applied this year for Queen's med was 3.66 but when I googled up 'Queen's Medicine', the first page brought up was the Med 2006 page which stated that the cutoff is 3.57:

meds.queensu.ca/~meds2006...vince.html

Does this mean that applicants for this coming year require a 3.57, or that the faculty of medicine graduating class of 2006 required this GPA?

Guest MedAnxiety

It was probably the cut off for the class of 2006. Since the cut off last year was 3.66...i can't imagine it going back down to 3.57... but that's only my assumption. Good luck =)

Guest squeegy80

I may be wrong, but don't they determine the cutoff after they've received all the applications? That way they can cut their applicant pool in half, and then again in half with the MCAT cutoff giving 25% of applicants interviews.

I may be mixing it up with another school I applied to, but I'm pretty sure this is the case. So yes, 3.57 would be for the class graduating in 2006.

Guest seedstrike

You are correct, Squeegy. Cut-offs are determined after all the applications are submitted for that year. The aim is to reduce the applicant pool to a size that is manageable for interviewing.

Archived