Premed 101 Forums

queens exam schedule

Guest zhenlun

Guest zhenlun

hi there... i was just wondering how queens does it exams... its it like uwo... exams after 3 units... or like ottawa... exams after 1 unit... thanks for ur help.

Guest parsis

Queen's has it's finals at the end of every term. Therefore first year finals occur in December and May. It's a pretty good set-up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seedstrike

Ya, the exams are scheduled at the end of each semester. It's cumulative and we have three exams each semester: an MCQ, a short answer, and a practical.

First semester practical was an anatomy bell ringer. The other semesters have been exams where they show us various overhead projections (xray, images, diagrams, ecg strips etc) and ask us questions on them.

Whether or not this evaluation structure (exams at the end of semester) is better than midterm/finals structure is debatable.

Guest zhenlun

thanks for the response guys... just one more question... is queens pass/fail/honours.... or just pass/fail (oh please just pass/fail)

Guest zhenlun

hmmmm interesting... so what exactly does honours/pass/fail mean... like i know what it means literally, at least i think i do... honours is 80+, pass is 60+ and fail is below 60... but beyond that does it have any further significance... does it matter for residency spots... if so how do people who went to schools without honours fit into the equation... thanks so much for ur help

Guest nextstopmd

Hi Zhenlun,

Basically it doesn't matter whether or not you get honours, as long as you pass. How well you do in clerkship and the electives you have taken will have a lot more significance in terms of residency positions.

Guest kaisermark

Hey all,

I was told last month by a Queen's student that they're getting rid of Honours for September 2005, so it'll be just pass-fail. Can anyone confirm this?

Guest seedstrike

Kaiser, I wonder who told you that. No one has mentioned anything like that to our class. There have been talks (i think) but I doubt it's going to happen in 2005...considering the admin office has not notified any of us yet.

Archived