Premed 101 Forums

Is in english necessary for a med school application?

Guest Dockrh

Guest Dockrh

Is a course in english necessary for med school application? I know a social science, humanities is required but no sure about english.

dockrh

Guest uftstudent

I think it depends on the school...in ontario I applied to mac, queen's, toronto, western and none of them specifically required english. I think out of province schools do however often require english...it's best to look up individual schools' websites for exact requirments.

Guest theblueprints

UBC requires english but you can write an exemption test if, I believe, you have your undergrad degree by the application deadline.

Guest Steve MD09

As was mentioned, Ontario schools don't require an English credit. Outside Ontario, last I checked, Calgary and Dalhousie do not require an English credit, and I think all the other (English-speaking) schools do require one.

Guest happy2bme

Acutally UofM is changing this coming application cycle and not requiring the english/french, they increased the humanties needed though.

This should help alot of the OOP's that found that UofM wouldn't accept their English requirement in previous years,as Manitoba was particularly picky when it came to that requirement

Archived