Premed 101 Forums

Rumoured interview scoring method?

Guest C Lightman

Guest C Lightman

Quote from UWO2005

"Interesting - I just got an e-mail from what I'll call an "inside source" that will remain anonymous (but they're extremely reliable, BTW.) Apparently UWO absolutely DOES sent out rejections. . . for each question you guys answered, apparently you were given a score by each interviewer of either "highly recommended," "acceptable," or "unacceptable." If more than one of the interviewers put down an "unacceptable" for any question, that applicant was automatically rejected.

Hope this helps - Good Luck! "

Does anyone else know if this is true? I just got my rejection letter today, sadly enough...

my GPA for consideration was 3.83, but my MCAT was 9/10/11/P, so I thoguht it was this combination of average GPA with low MCAT that did me in....

Now, am I to believe that because one person didn't like one of my answers, I got the negativo? That is scary.

Guest UWOMED2005

Turns out I read that e-mail wrong - sorry for the misinformation. There is an "unacceptable" option for the interviewers, but it is for the WHOLE interview and you need to have 2 people to check it off to be rejected. I don't know anything more than that.

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but it probably wasn't for your GPA/MCAT scores. They're pretty good, probably good enough for an interview next year if you choose to reapply.

Archived