Premed 101 Forums

The infamous waiting list...

Guest Egad

Guest Egad

Just out of curiosity... I got waitlisted today :'( and was wondering how long it took some of last year's waitlisters to find to they got accepted to UWO.

Is there any way of finding out where you rank on the waiting list? I'm too scared to even think of calling admissions to find out.

So worried.... Please UWO call me!!!!

Guest UWOMED2005

I've posted a bunch of other places the numbers in your favour (189 acceptances for 118 spots last year, and I don't think that number includes people yanked off the waitlist for accepting at other schools.)

I wouldn't call admissions until the end of June. They'll be pretty frickin' insanely busy until then - they have a bunch of rejections to tabulate and watlisters to respond to! But after that point, definitely feel free to call them. . . but be polite when you call. Darla and Barb get a gazillion calls a day (I popped into the office last July and there were 4 calls in the 20 minutes I was there) from everyone from waitlisters, to parents of waitlisters, to High Schoolers.

Good Luck - and this thread has been answered elsewhere here, so I'll probably be deleting it in a few days.

Archived