Premed 101 Forums

special case

Guest ubcpharmer

Guest ubcpharmer

hi

congratulations to all those who attained the cutoffs:) :)

I was wondering if the moderators knew if and when special case/appeals for interviews would be looked at. on the advice of the admissions office, i had sent in a letter explaining my situation and i am anxious to know how long this process will take.

thanks

Guest therealcrackers

Not sure... things like this are handled on a case by case basis. In the absence of any additional information, I'll go with the following. The interviews are still two months away, and if you have already submitted the relevant materials, I think it is likely that a decision will be made in a timely fashion, that would allow any such interview granted to be scheduled in the same time frame as the rest of the applicants (so on the interview weekends). But then again, don't have a clue about the specifics...

I can't give you a specific answer....anyone is always welcome to appeal any decision that they don't like. As long as you have submitted the relevant stuff...it should happen before interview invites go out. It is harder to appeal after the invites have already been sent. That said, I have NO idea what the time frames for an appeal are. You can always call / e-mail the office to find out the status of your case.

Good luck!

Archived