Premed 101 Forums

cellular coverage in London and areas

Guest chiapet921

Guest chiapet921

Hi there!~

Since I'll be moving to London from Toronto, I was just wondering about what the coverage is like for cell phones? Perhaps some of the moderators would have good suggestions for which company to sign up for?

The question is, with contracts and stuff, we're locked up for at least 2 years...and if we have to go out of London and into the surrounding areas, just wondering about coverage and stuff....

hehe..any info would be greatly appreciated!

Guest mgupta

Hi

i really like the coverage rogers has because they cover most parts of canada. so it covers regions surrounding london for sure. i'm originally from calgary so i want something with cross-canada coverage. but i've been with rogers for a lot longer (>5 yrs) and rely on them more. and know that they have great coverage. so i might be slightly biased. :b

bell has excellent coverage in the SW ontario region and a bit in alberta and BC...not sure about other areas. i know this from the sheets they have posted around their booths. they're not as well used by ppl in the west (well my friends dont use them) so i cant say much about them.

Fido i've heard has got @#%$ service in between large towns/cities (when u're on the 401/407) and so i'd stay away from that. but at the same time they have some really good deals (my friend has a really good long distance plan with them that makes it worthwhile to have their coverage).

wrt contracts yea they're evil. but all companies now have monthly plans...it just depends on what kind of plan u go for, cellphone u buy, the amount u want to use it for, etc. etc.

hope that helps

Guest therealcrackers

Bell Mobility and Rogers both have digital networks that extend from Windsor to at least Quebec City, with decent (if not perfect) coverage out away from the major centres. There are stores for both plans in Masonville Place (and a couple of others, too...) who can give you the whole story.

I agree with the above, Fido has really @#%$ service. I switched out because it got too annoying, despite the good rates (billing by the second).

I've since gotten telus... it's worked out amazing. They gave me the same plan i had with Fido (billing by the second) as well as a free phone for switching over.

*out of all the companies it gives you the best coverage in class/library/and the lrc.*

I've gotten amazing coverage throughout SW ontario on the highway as well as out in wingham (about 110 km north of london and kind of in the middle of nowhere).

I was in Aruba last month and I got coverage there as well :eek ... weird i know. I think it's because telus is affiliated with nextel and verizon (can you hear me now?).

later

Guest JSS02

I switched from Fido to Telus Mobility and it's been great. Like hizo, I got to keep per second billing, received a new colour phone for free, and half price on the rate plan for the first few months (but that ended on June 30th). You can see the coverage area includes ALL of SW Ontario. Reception indoors was also MUCh better than what I got with Fido.

Guest UWOMED2005

I've had no problem using my Bell phone throughout SW Ontario.

I also had no problem when I hit up the Stampede in Calgary a few weeks back. . .

Guest mying

Bell has never caused me a problem, ever.

My house, however, does not receive a strong enough signal from Roger's. They put up a new tower in St. Thomas and surprisingly that didn't help at all. Granted, that's Ingersoll, not London.

Archived