Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invite = Meets Prereqs?

Guest Serenity

Guest Serenity

Hello,

I received an interview invite from Ottawa (btw, congrats to all those who received an interview!:D )

If you receive an interview invite, does this mean that you meet all of Ottawa's prereqs? Or is this something they check after the interview?

Thanks in advance!

S.

Guest Talon01

Congrats!

I think there's some condition that if you get an offer of acceptance, you must pass any courses you're currently enrolled in that are prereqs. For example, you're currently taking a prereq course and you get an offer in June. They will check to ensure that you passed that prereq course when you submit your final transcript. I know it's hard, the further you move along the application path the more you think that there's going to be some glitch that ends up nipping you in the butt, however, it's all good... enjoy it :)

Guest Serenity

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I forgot to mention that I am completing my second year of my Master's so I haven't taken any courses this year (hence, there were no courses listed on my transcript submitted to OMSAS for this school year.)

Given this information, does this mean that I met all their prereq requirements? Or, if a course is missing, does Ottawa assume that I am taking that course (even if it didn't show up as a course that I was going to take on my transcript)? I'm just worried that I'll go to the interview, perhaps maybe even get an offer of admission, only to be rejected after because I didn't have all the prereqs according to Ottawa's rules.

Guest Talon01

Why not grab your transcript just to double check? I BELIEVE that if you got an interview you've either completed all the pre-req's and/or are currently enrolled in one (or more) of them. Take 5 minutes, grab your transcript and double check :)

Guest Serenity

Sorry, it must seem peculiar that I am asking about this. It's just that Ottawa's prereq requirements are a bit stringent in that a bio or chem course from another university does not necessarily mean that you meet Ottawa's bio and chem prereq requirements. (All this stems from a conversation I had with someone from admissions a while back.)

Well, I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that the courses I took were good enough to meet their requirements.

Thanks for your help!

Archived