Premed 101 Forums

Laptop

Guest youngbookie

Guest youngbookie

I will advocate going the laptop route if you are going to make a computer purchase for school. Not necessarily for typing up notes in class or even for in-class use at all, but the portability option of a laptop definitely comes in handy. Classrooms are wireless, libraries are wireless, the LRC is wireless, the M-rooms (study rooms in the basement) are wireless, and (i think) the caf is wireless (or should be). And like it or not come exams you might be spending a significant amount of time in school. And like it or not, profs love to post redundant notes, and you never know what exactly to print or what to skim over. Since wireless access was new for us, you might find laptops becoming more noticeable this upcoming year. I found it useful for PCL (finding articles while you discuss things - beats printing out articles beforehand), and especially during exam time when I can access those new notes that profs like to post at the last minute instead of blindly printing out everything which gets really expensive. But I guess it's up to you and of course what your budget is like, but I think a laptop instead of a desktop would be a valuable investment.

yb

Archived