Premed 101 Forums

knowing I'm going to UWO 100% ?

Guest chiapet921

Guest chiapet921

Hi there!~

Just a quick question...hope someone will know the answer! Let's say I've mailed back saying I'll firmly accept UWO's offer...about when would I receive confirmation from the school saying "yes, we got your stuff" or "hold on there bud, you don't quite meet our requirements"?

Thanks in advance!:)

Hey chiapet921!

I emailed admissions to make sure they had received my provisional acceptance. Darla is absolutely amazing about getting back to people as I heard the same day I sent the email. The admissions email is admissions@fmd.uwo.ca. They'll be able to tell you if you're all set to begin in the fall.

Hope this helps!

DrTK

Guest aneliz

You won't get an orientation package until late July-early Aug. If you get one of those, you are definitely good to go..but if you are like I was, you will want to know that everything is "all good" a bit sooner. Feel free to e-mail Darla (at the admissions adress in the post above) and ask her to confirm that they have received all of your stuff and you are good to go for Sept. Make sure you include your OMSAS number in the e-mail. You should hear back pretty quickly....but I think Darla may be off this week, so don't be concerned if it is a couple of days before you hear.

Guest aneliz

I would e-mail admissions if you really want to be sure....Darla will be able to confirm that everything is 'all good' for you for Sept and confirm that all of your stuff is there (and she doesn't mind doing it!). She is usually pretty good at getting back to people - but I think she may be off this week....so it might take a few days to get an answer at this point. Make sure that you include your OMSAS number in the e-mail so that she can check your file easily.

If you decide to wait, your confirmation will be them cashing your tuition deposit cheque and you should receive a tuition bill and an orientation package sometime in late July-early Aug.

Archived