Premed 101 Forums

Congratulations and commiserations!

Guest adlinner

Guest adlinner

Hellooo!

Now that I've just done first year, I wanted to give a shout out to all the interviewees this year. It was great meeting many you during the second interview weekend. I met some great people and back then I thought to myself that I hope you'd each get good news this week. If you heard good news, then you have my greatest congratulations. You've worked hard and brought an amazing personality to the table, and the interviewers saw that!

The admissions process tries its best but each year there are great candidates who have to apply again or wait on a waitlist for a large part of the summer. Conversely there are acceptances that later, to no fault of their own, get out of medicine for various reasons. If you are one of the people that applied this year and didn't get in, I ask that you don't give up, if you believe medicine is what you want to do. Our class has many people who had to apply many times before getting accepted. They didn't give up and now they will soon be looked upon as gifted healers.

Finally, I have a request. If you remember talking to me (or if you're my billet, sleeping in my bed,) during the interview weekend, drop me a line. Let me know how you are doing and where you'll be next year. I'm the air guitar guy.

Best

Daren

meds 2007

Guest chiapet921

Hi there!~

Great to hear from you! Yes, I had the chance to talk to you during the 2nd interview weekend...remember the English literature conversation? That was me...guess we can have more of those now that I'm London-bound! :P

Guest TimmyMax

Hi adlinner,

You were great in Tachycardia!!! Your character and that M-R-S degree song was solid- pure hilarity!!! :rollin

Timmy

Guest adlinner

Chiapet - ah yes, the petit objet of desire, the symptom of ideology, the metaphor of Lacan: we'll see you next year. It won't be everyday, but once every few weeks, there will be an ethics class or a small groups discussion that will lead towards the kingdom of literature. Congrats my man.

TimmyMax - you know because of that song, my parents do not know Tachycardia exists? I simply could not have them see me sing "baby it's time to learn: palpate my prostate, tell me it looks great, bend over it's my turn!" in an extremely tight yellow athletic outfit and Elvis wig. Thanks anyway.

DL

Archived