Premed 101 Forums

so is this bad news?

Guest Gill0927

Guest Gill0927

Hi everyone,

So, like everyone else, I'm waiting for the mail like a crazy person. I heard from Queens and Ottawa, but nothing from Western today, so I"m wondering...is this bad news, since I live in Ontario (Ottawa) and they were express posted (if they were acceptances) on Friday? Should I have gotten it already if it's an acceptance?

This is just me, going crazy, I guess. But what does everyone think?

Gill

Guest mydream88

Gill0927,

did you hear about Queen's from snail mail or phone call? If you heard via the mail, don't worry, express post can still take more than 1 day to deliver (i am pretty sure;) ) and besides, NO ONE so far on this board has heard from Western yet.

so if you heard about Queen's over the phone, then your mail may still be on the way!

good luck,

mydream88:)

Guest Gill0927

Thanks for the encouragement.

I heard from Queen's and Ottawa both by mail...so my mail already came today (waitlists at both).

Gill

Guest PaniDoktor

Hey there!

Don't worry too much - whether your mail arrives or not also depends on WHEN the letters were sent ... 10 am vs. 3 pm can make a difference of one day.

I'm getting soooooo anxious. I wish I could hibernate until, say, Wednesday and get all my letters at once. I think I'm going to leave work for an extended lunch (I'm a 1 hr busride from home ONE WAY) just to check the mail :eek .

Guest nextstopmd

I know Queens wouldn't tell me my position today, so I'm pretty sure they won't tell you unless you can come up with something pretty convincing! :)

I'm doing the exact same thing, PaniDoktor...luckily I only have a 30 minute drive total, but gas is soo expensive. It's driving me crazy to think of my mailbox and what's in it...I need to know!!

Guest malsa

guys,

I heard nothing from Western either. I phoned the office to find out when stuff was mailed - apparently all acceptances were mailed Friday. Waitlist stuff goes out later, and I don't think anyone has been outright rejected.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey guys,

From the looks and sounds (and feelings) of things, faculty was too busy putting together the blood exam from hell to make sure that your letters got to you guys today- how evil of them!

Have faith, they are on their way. Besides, like most things in life, we're just saving the best for last anyway. Ohhhhhhhhh! Dissssssssssss!

I'm gonna catch some Z's before it's time to gear up for tomorrow's massacre, I mean, festivities. |I

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest TimmyMax

Hi mydream,

I heard that they went out Friday (aneliz?), but probably in the afternoon, meaning that they probably sat around in a collecting depot all afternoon somewhere here in London. Boo. Don't worry- one more day is not going to kill you guys! Your letters are coming! Have patience and remember that good things come to those who wait! :D

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest mydream88

I hope so timmymax but i have to admit, this wait is very difficult though obviously not the worst thing in the world (after all, a rejection may be on the way :eek ). I guess one more day it is.

mydream88

Guest lcloh

don't worry. i'm killing myself waiting here too.

three more exams... bah. today WAS a massacre. bleeding during a blood exam.. what a concept...

Guest aneliz

I have not been into med sci to check on the status of things...(sorry gang, but it is exam week around here and we are getting KILLED!!!) I know that things went out Friday...what time I don't know. Darla usually likes to have them out first thing in the morning....but that means they leave her office in med sci first thing in the morning and get taken over to central admin where all the mail leaves from...so it is possible that the whole bag of them got delayed somewhere...(on campus or somewhere in London). If nobody has heard yet, they are *somewhere* rather than your mailboxes...I'll see what I can find out tomorrow...but for today, I am shackled to my desk studying for tomorrow's "festivities"....

Guest Gunz4Sale

Not to bring anyone down ('cause I'm included in the people who have not gotten anything yet)....

Seems like letters have already made it into Toronto and even east of there (Pickering), based on what I'm reading on the "Accepted!?!" thread. I guess that's it for me as far as the chances of a first rounder.....

Guest UWOMED2005

I wouldn't assume that just because you didn't get anything yet that you aren't in on the first round.

If you don't get an acceptance letter by Xmas, then yes - you probably didn't get accepted right off the bat.

But this is just the first day letters are arriving!! There's a gazillion reasons why an acceptance letter sent to you might not arrive the first day.

Good Luck.

Guest Apna

I did some quick research, being the stress case I am.... and Canada Post Xpresspost can take 2-3 business days, particularly if it's being mailed cross-country... that made me feel much better

So everyone... let's keep our fingers crossed!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I did some quick research, being the stress case I am.... and Canada Post Xpresspost can take 2-3 business days, particularly if it's being mailed cross-country...
In my experience with Xpresspost it's also not unusual for Canada Post to lose the envelopes, either. So if you don't receive any word from UWO in the next week, I'd consider giving them a shout. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived