Premed 101 Forums

Mailing of Acceptance Letters

Guest Gunz4Sale

Guest csname

I know the wait for rejection letters from Western is killin' me. I heard this time they're including a strawberry flavored lollipop instead of the usual bannana. can't wait. :rollin

Guest lcloh

this is some sort of sick, twisted reverse psychology technique, is it? :)

trust me guys.. when you get to where i am right now, staring down the barrel of trimester 3 year 2 exams... all i want is out... i.e. out for the summer...

Guest aneliz

amen. exams suck...in all forms...but most especially 2nd year trimester 3 exams...

The only good news is that this is the last 'set' of exams...from here on, it is one exam at a time... :D

Guest kosmo14

Sorry to hijack your forum, but let me tell you how much exams suck. We had 5 exams last week and four this week (thats right 9 in two weeks including a surgury oral exam), and it is the most horrible thing I have ever went through. Can't wait until summer. I wish the UWO med students going through exams good luck, and those waiting for acceptances all the best.

Guest aneliz

That really sucks...things are not *so* bad at UWO...we have an OSCE on Thurs and then 4 mega-exams next week...only problem is they are all or nothing, do or die (ie fail and you fail the integrated medicine 3 course) exams...

Guest UWOMED2005

Year II third trimester exams ain't that bad.

The killers at UWO are the Year II second trimester exams. You get through those (which almost everyone does) and you're fine.

Face it, Aneliz - you and Timmymax are basically set on your way to your MD :) . . . as long as you don't go and GIVE the admin a reason, from this point forward its just a bit of honest hard work, and making sure youn don't go nuts and do something stupid (ie start skipping rotations in 3rd year.)

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Year II third trimester exams ain't that bad.

The killers at UWO are the Year II second trimester exams. You get through those (which almost everyone does) and you're fine.

Phew! Just what I needed to hear! :) I didn't think that things could get any harder than 2nd trimester exams! Not to suggest that 3rd trimester exams are easy or anything...

Hmm, aneliz and I are basically set on our way to our MDs, eh? That's a scary thought- Dr. aneliz. Almost as scary as Dr. UWOMED2005. ;) Ha, ha, I'm just kidding! :lol

Timmy

Guest mydream88

HI : )

I have a friend who attends UWO. he said that it is RUMORED that the letters have ALREADY been put in the mail in order to arrive by friday.

who knows, I guess we shall all soon find out (one way or another :rolleyes )

mydream88:)

Guest aneliz

UWO has never mailed them before the actual date before...they are express posted so they arrive within 1-3 business days of when they are mailed (usually next day in Ontario)...so if they had already been sent, people would already have them...

Darla has the letters already put together...but they won't be mailed until the first mail pick up of the release date.

Guest lcloh

Gah. If ONLY i could believe you mr. rader. Isn't it possible that path or pharm will still screw me over? I'm needing clear passes in those to advance to the big dance.

L

Edit: so i just calculated my marks, and it looks like I need 47.8% to pass pharm and 42.2% to pass path... i figure if I aim for 50, I should be just fine... bloodyhell.

europe is going to be sweet. SWEET.

Edit 2: So I just sat here for a little while listening to Angie Martinez's "New York, New York." Gym or OSCE.. Gym or OSCE. Now, I have a slight problem. I haven't even cracked the OSCE manual yet, and I haven't read Bates since first quarter in first year, and I only printed out the Clinical Methods notes a week ago. I think I'm screwed.

Ah, gym first :)

Guest UWOMED2005
Hmm, aneliz and I are basically set on our way to our MDs, eh? That's a scary thought- Dr. aneliz. Almost as scary as Dr. UWOMED2005.

Just wait until you are on call next year and one of the nurses introduces you to a patient or patient's family as "Dr. TimmyMax."

Trust me, it will happen. It's not like they tatoo "clerk" and "resident" to our heads.

Guest ioncannon97

I was just chatting with a third year med student recently who was telling me about this exact experience. He said that the nurses almost always introduced him as doctors, and, sometimes even the residents or attending introduced them as such. Hope its not too much pressure...

Guest therealcrackers

Clear it up. Tell 'em you're a med student, with no delusions of competence. Gets the record straight and makes 'em laugh at the same time. Yikes --- patients calling you Mr.Doctor, or saying thank you Doctor --- they're messing with my head....

Confidential to lcloh. OSCE for now, man. Gym can wait an extra six hours. Or do both: 600 self-assessed patella reflexes could be quite a workout...

Guest lcloh

hahahahaha!!! LOL. very true indeed. although selfreflexing hasn't exactly been my specialty.

i hammered hard last night, and am going to start hammering again now... spent three hours this morning running errands! do i smell failure? :P

Guest UWOMED2005

Crackers: That's exactly the apprach I always took. And patients and their families were always very understanding, even in the face of death. . . (one circumstance, long story more appropriate for conversation outside the board)

Lcloh: "do I smell failure?" To quote the soup nazi: "no failure for you"!!

You passed year 2 trimester III exams, right? You're good to go.

Guest lcloh

say whaaat?

my dear friend UWOMED2005, that fate is yet undecided, but the advice does indeed come at a critical time...

*grins*

go tri3 go! wait, what am i saying? GO ME GO! :P

Archived