Premed 101 Forums

how's everyone's waiting time passing by?

Guest mydream88

Guest Koppertone

I check my mail and email each morning. I know acceptences for schools aren't coming out for another month, but I can't help myself. It's automatic after waiting for interview letters.

Guest medschoolboy

VERY tough

waiting is definitely the worst part of the process. i'm still checking mail daily to see if i got interview invites still from oop.

can't wait for exams to finish and for the acceptances (*wink wink*) to start rolling in....hahhaha

Guest Steve U of T

I'm going to be checking my mailbox, but not for med school stuff, since my interviews are done, and I'm not expecting anything until June. I'm waiting for notification of a summer research scholarship that will get me less money for the summer than if I didn't earn it. I got an email today from my supervisor's secretary saying I won it, so there's not really any suspense, I'm just waiting for the letter. The money is @#%$, but it's fairly prestigious, I think (only 10 in North America, although the number of applications are probably limited), plus I get a free 2 year journal subscription which is probably worth about $500.

I also should be studying for exams, although I haven't really done very much so far. I suppose I'm not too concerned about my first exam, which is on Thursday. Ask anyone who hasn't taken it (professors included), and they'll say it's a tough class. However, the class average on the last test was 90%, and the profs were happy about it, meaning they won't try to kill us on the final. Of course, the class is small (only 4 undergrads, plus about a dozen grad students), so the class average does not get published on my transcript. My grade is above the class average so far, so I'm not really worried if it does appear.

I guess I've passed the time so far by compulsively checking my email, this board, and watching tv.

Wrote my last undergrad exam on Tuesday (ironic that it'd be a first year course). Aside from trying to get my prerequisite situation sorted out, been playing ball and generally chilling and hoping to see more of the sun. Had the bbq going today before my friends all head out.

So, yeah, no complaints really.

Guest ioncannon97

I wrote my last exam on Saturday. I didn't really think about the wait immediately after the interviews because of school. Now that I am free, I realize how long its still going to take. I guess I'll just have to find something else to keep me busy....like Civilization 3...yes, that always has an amazing ability to make hours go by like miniutes!!

Archived