Premed 101 Forums

I JUST GOT IN!

Guest mt1

hey guys! i'm officially the last person to get into western this year! got a call this morning! but i really need to find a place to stay! any good streets i should look for? old north? west? south? help! thanks guys!

Guest aneliz

There must have been a real last minute drop out... anyway, congrats!

As for places to live, I would check with off-campus housing. There is a zero chance of residence at this point and I think that all of the meds looking for roomates have found them.

Good luck!

Guest therealcrackers

Congratulations! Our house was looking for a whole long time for roommates, but it is now full. I second what Melissa says, the apartment buildings in Old North are close by and pretty good, especially 1231 (the Dorchester), 1209 (the Somerset), and 1223 (the Senate===few, but it's a good building). Also look for listings in Masonville under 1500 and 1510 Richmond Street, also Masonville Gardens (1-15 Jacksway), maybe in Near West at 485 Castlegrove and anything else nearby (Walmer Gardens, Castlegrove, Rippleton, etc.). Beware just about anything on Huron St (ghetto), Mayfair, Bernard, or Epworth (ditto), and anything east of Adelaide. Ask about bus routes (good ones for Med students are the 6, 10, 13, and 31; not bad are 2, 32, and 33; not so good are 9=Whitehills and 16=Adelaide) whether or not you have a car: you get a bus pass with your fees, and it helps when going to hopsitals for placements and electives. If you have any more questions, we'd be happy to help. Congrats again!

Guest UWOMED2005

Congrats - better late than never!

Now get your butt here and moved in so you can hit up Fanshawe to watch your class and the 2007s get their butts whooped in the boatraces and clothesline games. . .

Archived