Premed 101 Forums

Any new info regarding the waitlist?

Guest MaxPower

Guest Cataya

yup it's still going

got my GO pack today, it's dated July 10 but I live in BC

I will be accepting this offer, but hopefully more will come your way!

Guest lcloh

Hi there thesaug,

If past history is anything to go by, my personal gut instinct tells me it's not full yet - the very last spot in meds 2006 was filled in the third week of August.

Cheers.

Guest MaxPower

Would you mind me asking what your GPA and MCAT scores were? If I don't get an acceptance, I want to figure out where I went wrong.

Guest thesaug

thanx lcloh for the encouragement.

MaxPower, the scores and gpa are listed in the first thread under western if u want to know.

Guest lcloh

No problems thesaug.

Maxpower - at this point it's really not the GPA or MCAT that makes a difference.. there are people in my class who got 3.65's and 999P (the minimums last year) and did just fine, and there are people with 4.0's and 42T's, i'm sure. The point is that the minimums get 20/25% of the GPA portion of the score (and something similiar happens with the MCAT portion too.)

At this point, it's mostly the interview score that determines your ranking, and if you don't get in this year, you can be sure it was your interview that you need to improve on.

Hope this is helpful.

Guest MaxPower

Thanx lcloh for the helpful info!! :) I'm wondering now that maybe I shouldn't have made a pass at one of the interviewers... j/k

Guest therealcrackers

wasn't me... :eek :rollin

the list will continue to move. Preferred method from here on out will be the phone call...

Guest TimmyMax

A friend of a classmate got in today! She lives in Toronto. I don't know her stats, so please don't ask me for them- I don't know, honest!.

The list is still moving... :)

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest rpm45

I just got off the waitlist this morning, so the list is still moving.

Sooo happy...and relieved...

Good luck to those still waiting.

Guest rpm45

Thanks! Darla called and left a 'Please call me back at...' message. She says a package will be sent today. Thankfully, the postal workers have decided not to strike just yet.

Guest aneliz

Here is the official update from Darla (as of this morning):

There are still places available in the class of 2007... I don't know how many....

From now on, you will be called by Darla if your name appears at the top of the list....all offers will be by phone first, with a package to follow in the mail.

If you have left a work and home phone number, she will try to reach you at both... If there is no answer she will leave you a message to call back.... if you don't, she will call again... They will not give your spot away the instant that they can't get ahold of you, but you do need to make sure that they can reach you....so if you plan to be away from your 'phone number' for more than a day or two...I would suggest you leave an alternate number with office.

They will not keep trying indefinitely....but Darla says that she has never had someone not call her back!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Guest Clair Huxtable

I emailed darla earlier in the week about my position and to confirm my contact numbers. She couldn't say anthing except that the list was still moving.

Fortunately, this morning at 9am i received a phone call. After another hour of waiting by the phone while we sorted out some transcript forwarding problems, i received my offer!!!

For anyone still on the list, continue to believe in your success this year. The list is still moving.

Good luck.

Guest aneliz

I talked to Darla today...

The official word is:

There are still places available in meds 2007 and the list is still moving.

She will not tell me how many, so don't ask.

She will let TimmyMax and I know when the class is full, and we will post it here....so until we tell you, it isn't over!

Good luck to those still waiting.

Guest UWOMED2005

I'm guessing that other forum was http://www.uwomeds.com forum.

Well, the same UWO meds characters who post here post there.

I for one can't say with certainty. But someone did post that they talked to Barbara that the class was full. I think the only way to know for sure would be to e-mail the admissions office.

Guest monkey

hey guys

just wanted to let you know that aneliz and timmymax have been really good in letting you guys know whats been going on with the admission process. When the class fills up, be assured that they will be fighting over who's gonna be the first one to let you guys know of it.

have a great long weekend and take care.

Guest cornelius

monkey, i think you are right. why wouldnt timmy and aneliz post if the class was full.

sounds like this other character is trying to mess around with our heads.

Guest aneliz

Darla told me that she would let Tmax and myself know when the class is full.... We have heard nothing from her so far... so assume that it is NOT full yet! When I talked to her last Monday (July 28), there were still spots available...

Barbara is great and is usually a reliable source....but Darla is the one dealing with the waitlist offers....so she would be a slightly more reliable source in my opinion....

Archived