Premed 101 Forums

Still no news??!!

Guest GordUW

Guest GordUW

Hi everyone

I've been waiting for Western's invitation but still haven't received anything. I live in Kitchener-Waterloo area, just a hour away from London. It seems that all invitation have gone out last week, should I give admission a call just in case my invite is gone missing during mail delivery? Would admission tell me about interview over the phone? By the way, i met all the GPA and MCAT cutoffs this year.

Come on! mailman!!!

Gord:(

Hi Gord.....I think that you should give the admissions office a call because I live in Waterloo as well and received my letter on Monday. I don't think that you should worry about not getting an interview, as it seems that all of the rejections went out a few weeks ago. I am sure that there is just a problem with the mail. Maybe give it one more day and then give them a call. Good luck....I hope that you get everything figured out

Guest aneliz

Give it till the end of the week and then give them a call. Sometimes the mail is extremely slow....but don't worry about not getting an interview...you will! If you had been rejected the notification would have been in your mailbox WEEKS ago!!! (those letters were sent almost two weeks earlier)

Good luck! And happy mail stalking!

Guest Jee Q

So rejections have already been sent out?!:eek

I've been expecting one considering the fact that i don't meet the gpa cutoff criteria - however i still haven't received anything - what's going on? guess the best thing to do is contact the school.

Guest aneliz

Yup. I know for a fact that rejections (all 1200 of them) have already been sent out. About two weeks ago now. You might want to call and check, but obviously, if you didn't meet the cut-offs the chances of you getting an invite are next to nil.

Guest GordUW

I just called Western admission. The lady said she got some letters returned because the addresses were wrong, she will send them again. I guess im one of those...>:

Just everyone know.

Cheers

Guest exhumedcorpse33

I've yet to hear from Western as well so I guess I'm one of those whose letter got sent to the wrong address as well. More waiting!

Guest Huffer

Hey there,

I'm in Kingston and still haven't heard. I called admissions yesterday (Monday the 10th) and was informed that I do have an interview but they couldn't tell me the date over the phone. I was told that if I haven't gotten my letter in the mail by the end of the week to call again next Monday.

Can anybody out there who has heard already let me know when you have to confirm your interview date/time by? I have a conflict with one day because of my U of T interview and don't want to end up shooting myself in the foot by waiting too long.

Guest doctorfunk

Huffer,

You must confirm your acceptance of the interview invitation 'no later than two weeks prior' the date of the interview (and the first possible interview date is Mar 29)

Guest exhumedcorpse33

Huffer,

What a coincidence! I'm from Kingston as well...either mail takes an extremely long time to get here or the people at Western have just completely forgotten about us :(

Guest GordUW

Hi everyone

I just got my invitation from Western Monday:)

The letter inside was dated march 5, so I guess they didn't send them all in Feb. Don't worry too much, it's on the way. I live in Kitchener, 1 hr away from London. hope that helps

My interview is march 29, anyone on the same day? I don't know if i should attend the social night on Firday.

Gord

Guest bad hombre

Corpse and Huffer,

I'm in Kingston and I got my letter earlier last week, but I wouldn't worry if I were you. I know a few people here who are also still waiting and have interviews at other schools. Random Kingston mail I guess. I'm still waiting impatiently for my T. interview:rolleyes :x

Guest Huffer

Bad Hombre,

Hey there, no worries here. I called and they were able to confirm that I DO have an interview, just couldn't tell me the date - but apparently the people who's letters are late will have an extension on confirming their date.

My concern was a possible conflict with my UofT interview on the 29th, however, seeing as I will have a chance to confirm/request a date change whenever the letter finds it way here, it's all good.

If anybody else is in the same boat (like several of my classmates), don't stress. It's just a minor delay - the invitations are on their way and you will not lose your spot by confirming when it arrives, even if it's within the 2 week window.

Cheers,

Huffer

Guest GordUW

Hi Lisa and Beth,

My interview is at 10am, Kinda too early for an afternoon person like me. I guess i will see u guys when i come out of that fate-determining room.

I'm talking to a couple of people i know who are in first year at UWO about whether the Friday events are helpful, I will let u know my decision.

TOO much school work!!!>:

Gord

Archived