Premed 101 Forums

Early Invite

Guest Beth

Guest UWOMED2005

I don't know anything about it. Sounds doubtful, but Timmymax and/or Aneliz would know more.

Don't worry - if you're above the cutoffs YOU WILL GET AN INTERVIEW (unless there's extenuating circumstances.)

Even if for some strange reason someone did get an early interview (and as I said it's unlikely) that would in NO way affect your chances of being in DS1002 (DS1002 is the first year meds' classroom :D ).

Guest TimmyMax

Hey Beth,

I don't anything about any "special" invitations that may have gone out in advance of the rest of them. Maybe aneliz has some insight that I don't on this one, but the only scenario I can think of perhaps an aboriginal applicant? Other than that, I don't know of any invites that have gone out as of yet. They'll be out pretty soon, I promise! :)

Best of luck!

Timmy

Heya,

Don't stress...in general, interview invites have not gone out yet...maybe by the end of the week.

That said, interview invites for MD/PhD have gone out and those candidates are being interviewed next week (not on interview weekends). This is because they are interviewed by both a PhD admissions committee and an MD committee. These interviews are held on weekdays. Given that their interviews are next week, they would have been notified by now...hence the early 'special' invite.

I am not sure about the aboriginal seat candidates. They may or may not get a 'special' interview time (and hence a potentially early invite) depending on the availability of interviewers...the community member rep for their interview is supposed to be an elder from a native community....so, if this person isn't available on the official interview weekends, I could see them being offered a 'special' interview time as well.

So, don't worry. Nobody is getting 'special' treatment. If you have not applied through one of these separate pools (either MD/PhD or aboriginal), you should not have heard anything yet if you are still in the running. All of the pre-interview rejection letters have already been sent, so, if you don't have one of those, you are good to go.

See you at interview weekend!

Archived