Premed 101 Forums

interviews

Guest fox

I have an interview on the 30 at 10am. I am coming in from Edmonton (originally from Ontario) and was wondering if anyone has heard of something called ETH-PO. I was talking to a resident here at U of A who was on the interview panel last year at UWO and said they ask lots of questoins based on ETH-PO (the ethical guidelines physicians in Ontario should follow), but I can't find out anything about it on the internet or from doctor friends in Ontario. Anyone have any idea what she was talking about?

Guest therealcrackers

It's EFPO--- and it stands for Educating Future Physicians in Ontario. I hope that helps you can find some information on it...

Guest aneliz

I don't think that knowing the EFPO roles is necessarily the key to success in the interview. Yes, UWO is very into patient centred medicine and the EFPO roles...knowing the objectives, mission and philosophy of a school in a general sense is always a good idea....being able to quote policy documents verbatim is not....interviewers are very good at picking up 'rehearsed' answers that are based on 'inside' information....be warned.

I would suggest that you do some poking around the faculty of medicine's website yourself before your interview...learn as much as you can about the structure of the program, the philosophy and goals behind it and the objectives of UWO undergraduate medical education. You need to have a firm idea in your mind what UWO is all about, why you want to study medicine in this way and why UWO is a good fit for you and your career goals...That is what the interviewers want to see...not that somebody told you about EFPO and you dutifully memorised the roles before your interview.

I would start here: www.med.uwo.ca/ume/index.htm

Good luck!

Guest aneliz

Ya, me too....I guess that is because we successfully bought off our interviewers...and then hacked into the computer system and promoted ourselves to top positions on the list just to make sure eh Timmy?

I wasn't planning on memorizing the EFPO guidelines, just wanted to be prepared if I was asked any questions about it, seeing as I had never heard of it before. Thanks.

Guest DrSahsi

Western is particularly proud of the EFPO project, but the same guidelines seem to have been co-opted on a national level as the "CanMeds" objectives. Worth looking into.

- Rupinder-

Guest lcloh

I didn't know about EFPO either. I didn't actually know anything. I didn't even know these forums existed. I didn't even know the Meds class of 2005 existed.

I don't know how i got here.

Guest UWOMED2005

Me - no knowledge of EFPO (though reading through the position would be helpful)

A bit of help from the Delphi forums (which no longer have traffic) but it probably didn't change a thing.

Archived