Premed 101 Forums

Medical School / Residency Application Consulting

Hello Premed 101,

As you probably know by now, applying to medical school isn't easy and is often a daunting experience whether it is your first time or you are re-applying. I am a current fellow in Alberta who is just finishing my subspeciality training. Getting into medical school, medical school itself, and completing residency is an arduous process but after going through it, I love my job and would do it all again. I am passionate about helping others achieve their dreams of going to medical school.

Over the last few years I have served on a number of selection committees to review applicants into both medical school and residency, and have gained experience that I'd like to share with you to help strengthen your application. I didn't get accepted into medical school my first time, and one of the things I've learned from first-hand experience and sitting on the other side is that many candidates don't market themselves successfully in their applications (because nobody really teaches you how). Presenting yourself in a good light can greatly increase your changes of being accepted to the program of your choice, and ultimately save you time and money down the road.

Whether you want some general information about the process of applying to medical school or residency, have specific questions you would like to ask, or would like me to review your file or help you with tips for interviews, I'm here to help. I used to visit these forums 9 years ago when I was applying, and found some of the information useful (but some less so). If you're interested, the best way to reach me is to send me email to canadamedschoolconsulting@gmail.com and we can up a time that works for you for a reasonable price.

I look forward to working with you.