Premed 101 Forums

Mailout method

Guest AZ

How does Western send their acceptances/waitlists? Are they sent differently? I heard that the acceptances are in "Go" packages-what are these? and how long would they take to arrive in Ottawa? Sorry for all the questions, but the waiting is killing me. I still haven't heard so I'm assuming it's bad news because a "Go" package would've arrived already.

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions!

Guest wingnut

I received an acceptance from UWO today in Calgary. It was sent in the 'Go' package. Interestingly, I also received an acceptance from Queens sent by regular post on the same day. Try to explain Canada Post. Good luck to all.

Guest Random

Will you be accepting Queen's or Western?

I apologize if this is too soon to ask. Just curious to see who is going where.

Thanx

Guest Ian Wong

Hi wingnut,

Congratulations on the acceptances! :hat Have you decided which university you'll be attending, or are you still waiting on your dream university?

Either way, this is starting to become a little repetitive, :) but I've got a little project that I'd dearly like your help with. Please e-mail me at your convenience for some more details. mdpremie@yahoo.com

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest wingnut

Thanks Ian for your congrats. Your site has been excellent in helping relieve some of the tension of waiting throughout this entire process.

Being from Calgary I'm not as familiar with the Ontario Universities as I would like (I applied to Western, Queens and Ottawa); although I did spend a few extra days in both towns to familiarize myself. I am leaning towards Queens at the moment but will take a days to review curriculum etc. on the web and make a quick decision to free up the unacepted spot.

The only other university I applied to was my hometown. I do have some concerns about Calgary's lack of a formal anatomy class, the three year vs. four year approach etc. I'd be interested in your feelings Ian regarding the U of C program given your experience there and your subsequent experience at UBC.

Finally, I will email the address you cited for your project. Thanks again for a terrific service.

Archived