Premed 101 Forums

U of Western Ontario Update

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Hi everyone,

As with the last message board, I'm attempting to summarise information from each medical school on it's own thread. If you have any new information for this school, please post it here so we all can benefit. As this information is taken from previous threads, don't take everything you hear as gospel.

U of Western Ontario:

Invitations for interviews will be given at the end of February. Approximately 350 people met the interview cut-offs (I assume the GPA and MCAT cut-offs), and all will be interviewed. These cut-offs can be accessed somewhere on the UWO web-site. At least some rejection letters have already been sent.

Ian

Can, MS2

Guest Random

If you make the academic cutoffs:

3.60 2-year average (best full year & last year)

8 across the board on the MCAT, P on writing

VR+WS = 21

PS+BS = 18

You will receive an interview.

Western is very formulaic - no essay, no sketch, nothing.

Just numbers.

Good luck.

Guest jeniah

i just looked at the link to the meds 2004 webpage for the western interview weekend. on the first page there was a note that said letters were going to be mailed by monday feb 26/01.

that was a week ago.... has anyone heard anything?

j

Guest Random

I called UWO as well and they said they sent out interveiw invitations last Monday (Feb 26) but it doesn't look like anyone I know has received anything yet.

I guess we'll all have to wait and see what happens.

I did notice, on one of the links to UWO, that the dates for the interviews have been set.

Best of luck to all.

Just to let everyone know that I got my UWO letter (in Kitchener, Ontario -- one hour east of London) only yesterday. So it may take a day or two more to get to other parts of the country.

Good luck.

Guest jeniah

i just called this morning to confirm my interview and the woman was VERY helpful. she asked if my time was OK and then said i could switch it if i wanted so now i'm going a day earlier. for no reason other than i want to go out saturday night and drink. a lot.

so if you have a conflict with the western weekend, a switch should be no problem!

j

Guest Random

Anyone out there interviewing on Mar 31/Apr 1 weekend. If so, I'd love to share thoughts - I hear this interview is like no other.

Best of luck to all UWO interviewees this year.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Random

Anyone out there know if Western selects its candidates in two separate batches i.e. 1st interview weekend people and then 2nd, or do they put them all together in the end and rank them?

It's an unnecessary question but there's just so much waiting time.

Can't help but wonder.

• 8 months later...

Archived