Premed 101 Forums

UT waitlist

Guest korrupt01

Guest korrupt01

Anyone declining offers from UT?? Just wondering what my chances are of getting in. I know last year, almost 30 people from the waitlist got in. Do you guys think it will be any different this year??

Guest uoft Chemistry

I think it will be about the same as last year, wait after may 15th when Med offers go out then the seats will move alot...good luck

Guest uoft Chemistry

Hi Guys,

This is not much but some reassurance I guess, 2 of my friends at UT got accepted to very good U.S dental schools and have decided they wanted to go aboard for the experience so they have withdrawn their offers from UT as of yesterday. The LINE has already moved and will continue. Good luck to those who are still waiting. I'll continue to update u guys (and if others would contribute as well it would be great for those on here) if anything else pops up.

Good luck

Guest Audio

Just out of curiosity, which schools in the US? I had my deposit down at UPenn but I didn't hesitate to drop it for UofT. There's only one school that would make me hesitate and that's Harvard and even still, I'd pick UofT. It would be a great experience though to live in a big city in the states!

Guest korrupt01

but how many of those are actually for in province??

im assuming waitlist movement is faster for out of province applicants.

Guest Hugo69

The year I applied, the waitlist moved to 38 or so as well (thats 4 yrs ago). For that reason I did not choose to go to UofT, figured there must be a good reason why people gave up their spots ;)

Guest Braces2005

From my understanding the large movement is due to applicants applying to both med and dents. A lot of med applicants have U of T dents as a back up plan. Some med applicants ONLY apply to U of T dents as a back up. U of T has an excellent reputation and the high movement is not due to any major weaknesses of their program. The high cutoffs and the total number of quality applicants says a lot about their program.

Guest uoft Chemistry

I agree with Braces2005.

Definietly alot of MOVEMENT is due to the double applicants from MEDs, there's already been 2 or 3 candidates who did not deposit due to their confident in their med interviews, and comes tommorow May 15th, the list is definietly going to move much more. Good luck everyone.

Me

Guest sensodyne

I'd wait until at least hte 16th for the waitlist to move further. The med offers are sent by regular mail, so even if you live in downtown toronto, you won't get the mail until the 16th. for oops, it'll take even longer.

Guest uoft Chemistry

Well the new policy for many med skools is by email, so half of the Ontario med skools will send them out tomorrow by emails, there should be some movement at the least...but yah ppl do need to call and cancel first. Good luck everyone

Guest wishywish82

I think no matter where you live or where you've applied you'll see some ripple effects in the next few days. Personally I'm hoping all the OOP that applied to Dal get in elsewhere making it easier for the rest of us :P

Guest sensodyne

I guess I was wrong. U of T did send emails out this morning. I got wait-listed. oh well...dentistry is my first choice anyhow.

Guest Tonick

Do you guys know how long it usually takes for accepted med students to drop their spot in dental schools? I'd imagine that most people won't bother to call schools to drop their spot after they've been accepted elsewhere. Do D-Schools eventually (like mid June or something) call up people who have initially accepted to confirm?

Guest Aplusdent

Well I have a friend who got into UT and Dal dent, but she's hoping to get into UT med. So there's a potential spot for waitlisters.

Guest uoft Chemistry

hi guys,

med has wait-listed me this morning so Dentistry it will be, now its a firm decision on my behalf...good luck to all who's still waiting.

Me

Guest jugule

I guess that UT waitlist has stopped at # 6 as of now. Does anybody have any clues as to when the waiting list start to move again?

Archived