Premed 101 Forums

How to improve GPA? Advice needed

Hi all,

I've completely finished my degree at UBC. My total GPA is 3.83 (on OMSAS scale, conversion decreases GPA) and 88.3% at UBC, with AGPA, when applying to UBC, I have an 89% GPA. I'm also IP for UBC.

I was wondering what to do to improve my GPA? I've finished my degree, I haven't been in school for roughly a year (currently on a gap year). I interviewed at one school this year was rejected. 

Should I do a second degree? Retake courses? Do a Masters (GPA boost for UofT)? Do I have a good shot at UofT? I don't think I get the wGPA boost because I did co-op... 

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, mayerzttey said:

Hi all,

I've completely finished my degree at UBC. My total GPA is 3.83 (on OMSAS scale, conversion decreases GPA) and 88.3% at UBC, with AGPA, when applying to UBC, I have an 89% GPA. I'm also IP for UBC.

I was wondering what to do to improve my GPA? I've finished my degree, I haven't been in school for roughly a year (currently on a gap year). I interviewed at one school this year was rejected. 

Should I do a second degree? Retake courses? Do a Masters (GPA boost for UofT)? Do I have a good shot at UofT? I don't think I get the wGPA boost because I did co-op... 

Thanks!

How many credits do you have making up your 89% GPA?

You are more likely to benefit from improving your non-academics. GPA is less likely to be the reason you don't get to the interview stage.