Premed 101 Forums

University you studied in matters? (or not)

Hi,
I would like to study physiotherapy in the near future (as soon as I get the grades and get an acceptance), but there is one question that has been bothering me for a while. Will an employer prefer / select a candidate from a particular school? I have heard stories in law that employers look at which university you studied. However, for physio, I did not find any information on this topic.

What are your opinions on the matter?

Thank you !

• 2 months later...

Employers don't care what school you graduated from. All the PT schools in Canada are pretty good. What they might care about when you're a fresh new grad is your experience from your placements. For example if you're applying for a job at a pediatrics clinic, they would care more if you had a clinical placement in peds than what school you graduated from. If you get an interview, I think how you do on your interview and whether they like you and see you as a good fit for their facility, typically holds a lot of weight for employers. In summary, the school you go to doesn't really matter. 

- PT for 6 years