Premed 101 Forums

U.S. Personal Statement

Guest Aplusdent

Guest Aplusdent

Has anyone had any problems with formatting? When I save it on the AADSAS page, the TAB marks are removed. How should I indicate the beginning of a new paragraph without adding additional spaces (since there is a limit)?

Guest Tonick

Do not TAB at all. Just add a hard return to space out your paragraphs in the box. If you have to cut out text to do that, so be it.

Guest Aplusdent

Pressing "enter" just brings you to the next line, but doesn't define the beginning of the new paragraph, should I put an actual space between two single spaced paragraphs? (petty I know..but I'm trying to conserve my text)

Guest Tonick

Yeah you should have an actual space between 2 paragraphs, like so:

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Guest nerdykilla

Hi all,

Anyone has any particular advice on what to write in this section? I know it varies from person to person based on the overall academic and non-academic experiences?

Also, when are people writing their DATS?

Thank youuuuuuuuuu,

Guest Aplusdent

Well i'm writing the U.S. DAT at the end of July and the Can. DAT in Nov. You want to make sure in the pers. essay that you aren't simply rephrasing everything you mentioned in the other sections of the application. You should talk about experiences that made you want to become a dentist, any activities that you did that involved some sort of facet relating to dentistry, what kinds of things do you want to promote in dentistry and future plans. It's pretty open..so just try to make yourself stand out, but don't get overly mushy or corny...they'll see through it. It's good to use personal anecdotes so they find out what kind of person you are.

Hope that helps a bit.

Archived