Premed 101 Forums

General Chemistry at UofT

Guest peter park 02

Guest peter park 02

So,

Chemistry 139H1 = general chemistry, has a lab component, is 0.5 credit.

chm220 = general chemistry, no lab component, is 0.5

however, some schools (american, and canadian) require general chemistry full year (1.0 credit) with lab.

how have people solved this problem? at ryerson? at UTM?

and can I solve this in the summer?

thanks,

-peter

Guest Tonick

I had the same problem... Also because U of T's exams overlap with most other school's summer session Chem courses, I had to go to Carleton to do a full year course in the summer. CHEM1000 is an excellent course and it's taught by a good prof. I think the course ran from July to mid August, it was fairly condensed, but I got it out of the way. You have to live in rez obviously but it's not too expensive. If you want to go that route and have more questions just let me know.

Guest peter park 02

i have to work during the summer with some research folks.

were there any options in toronto?

i was hoping to go to ryerson,

or anything closer. york?

Guest Tonick

Dude, if you go to U of T chances are your exams will overlap with summer courses at York and Ryerson. JBut you should still look into it, visit their websites and find their summer calendars and timetables! It's probably too late to apply for York, I think their summer school deadline is very soon if it hasn't already passed, and because it isn't your real school it may take a few days of processing to get you "accepted" into the course.

Also, I don't know anything about English courses offered in the summer. Again, you gotta look into it, most of the info you're looking for is probably just a few clicks away!

Archived