Premed 101 Forums

UOfT Interview Marks

Guest Meddream

Guest Meddream

I was sitting quite close to the interviewers and I could see the marks they gave me. Does anyone know what mark is potentially good enough to get it? I just need an approximation, no exact numbers, and I do understand that pool of applicants change from a year to other. I would really appreciate a response.

Guest Tbablani

last years average was 29 out of 35.

so i think a safe score would be anywhere close to a 30

correct me if i'm mistaken

also, does u're GPA matters anymore, or is it only the interview score that determines selection ??

Guest Gattuso19

I saw some of my marks as well because how close the interviewers were. A safe score will differ for each person depending on what your GPA is. If you have a 3.85+ I think a 28+ would be safe out of 35 for the interview. It really depends though on the applicant pool as well.

I don't like how I was able to see the marking sheet. I saw what I thought was a 2, and then I was like no maybe that is a 5 because my answer was pretty good, and then I felt like telling them to hide the papers so that I could concentrate on the questions without temptation.

Guest Tbablani

from what i know, there is a cut-off score for the CDA interview

anything above that is definitely an advantage

and i'm pretty sure that was a 5 and not a 2 unless you really screwed up , which u claim have not to... plus u were sitting opposite to them, so ofcourse a 5 would look more like a 2 :b

good luck everyone, hopefully we'll all be together for "class of 2010"

Guest Meddream

actually I felt that they were showing me the marks on purpose. I thought maybe it is their scheme to see if I get stressed or not. Do you guys know if that is the final sheet of evaluation they got or was ti really to test me?

Also, since there were two interviewers how is our mark determined? Does each person mark their own question only or is it average of the two marks?

Guest Gattuso19

I think its definately the final interview marks and not a way to see how the applicant handles stress. As for the marking I think that each question is an average from the two interviewers.

I always thought that there must be some kind of CDA cutoff. Anyone have any information on this or is it all hearsay? If there is a cutoff I would imagine you need at least a 21/35 or something...but that is just speculation.

Time for someone to call the admissions lady....jk

Guest BeEasyy

to those who were able to see their grade, did u see any 5's? I wasn't able to see mint, I only saw a 4 once...From last year scores, u gotta get at least one 5 to be on the average..

Guest uoft Chemistry

I won't comment on my overall score...i dont remember how many questions there were in total but i did see the first 4 questions that they marked....got 5, 4, 5, 5...........hope the rest of the way was similar...

Hope that helps....Good luck to all

Me

Guest Tbablani

for some reason i only saw one interviewer writing down the scores...was it the same for you guys too or am i missing something here ?

Guest uoft Chemistry

hey,

I think it all depends, my interviewers at least were not shy at all, they kept the scoring sheet right infront of my eyes. They wrote nothing at all, but scored once I was done. It was hard to try and keep my wandering "EYES" off their score sheet.

BeEASY, thanx for the comment, I'm sure you did GREAT!!!

Good luck and YES, I really hope we all see eachother here next year.

By the way was your interview Sat or Sun? we might have met...

Guest uoft Chemistry

well....YAH, ofcourse!......but it be hard NOT to notice when they have their score sheet in front of your face.....and they don''t write ANYTHING except your SCORE!!!....

anyways, i dont think it hurts to take a quick glance once in a while so you can "RELAX"" your eyes off of their's...PLUS my interviewers most of the time were staring at the walls or ceiling....at least now I have an idea how I did on my interview instead of wondering "WHAT HAPPENED" in there for the next 24 days.........

Guest Costacourta5

hey all, kinda new here, but nice to meet you all!

last weekend i had my UofT interview, and I was able to see every mark the guy gave me. It was all 5's across the board, with the odd exception of a 4. The guy seemed very impressed and even told me so at the end of the interview. I was very excited that I kinda pee'd myself alittle, but hopefully he didn't notice, I was wearing black pants so it was very hard to see.

Anyways, good luck to all and to all a good night!

Guest uoft Chemistry

COSTA .... woooo dude take it easy....

u may have done well but no need to be pushy...as i mentioned i saw a few of my scores...5, 4, 5, 5 , 5 as well...for all we know we both ended with 1 off.

And yes may the best man win....I agree...well personally I'm ringing in a 4.00 from UofT...and 22+ on every section of the DAT...i'd wouldn't be so sure it's obsviously U??????:lol

Guest sparhawkbeans

well you guys all have betters scores than me!!! i didnt even have the cutoff gpa or an impressive dat....lord knows how i even got an interview. maybe they made a mistake!

btw....there are still slots open for the western interviews...and todays the last day to book em..

Guest uoft Chemistry

...hey

yes Johnwoo is right........we'll wait till 28th......sorry guys.....the guy just seemed a bit pushy on things

Guest Kooman

Hey utchem, no need to apologize. It should be the other troll that's apologizing. I would've done exactly what you would've done too.

Chem rocks!!!!

Archived