Premed 101 Forums

what is McGill's decision based on?

Guest ChinaMan2004

Guest ChinaMan2004

Hi all,

I am a newbie user here, but I have been visiting this site since 2nd year!!

Just thought about this question, and I am sure there might be people out there who wonder the same thing. Some told me it's SOLELY on the interview result, and GPA plus DAT only got you to the interview, anyone heard otherwise?? Any replies will help!!

LH

Guest uofmpredent

I doubt if that's completely true, but I'd bet the interview means more than they say it does. For example, if someone had a perfect dat score and gpa, but came across as completely selfish/uncaring/vain in the interview, then the perfect dat and gpa probably isn't going to save them. On the other hand, someone with average gpa and dat scores could have a superior interview that would boost their chances.

Just my opinion.

Guest ChinaMan2004

That's what I thought too!

Just that I was told by this Yr 1 dent student in McGill that interview will be everything, and that got my nerve all tensed up... coz I dun think my interview was perfect...and it's hardly any close to the top 10 out of the 50 interviews ...

And actually i looked into their health science calender, there is a line saying:"Final decision will base on transcript, DAT result, reference letter, interview and autobiographical letter"...so i guess they all take a portion in the assessment...and I hope they do... :P

Anyone got any first-hand info to share?

Guest johnwoo19

chinaman2004, would you care to share your experiences about the mcgill interview? (not telling us what questions were asked, but just your overall impression about the interviewers, the location, etc.)

Guest ChinaMan2004

Hi johnwoo,

The overall impression of the interview was a pleasant one!! The interviewers were nice (some of them..:rollin )... my head interview seemed a little agitated and tired...so he cut me off whenever he heard the response he wanted. That was the scary factor!! But I will have to say that McGill is very successful in making their candidates comfortable!!

I would love to study there at McGill!! and pick up some French~lol~

Btw, correct me if I am wrong, but were you also there on the interview date?

And, again, if you know of how McGill make their decision, plz throw them in, I am sure many like me are wondering about the same thing!!

Appreciate it!

Archived