Premed 101 Forums

UWO

Guest Bug2ooth

Guest Bug2ooth

I've been reading through the forum, and people have been saying that uwo takes your best two years (3.7 or greater).

Do they take into consideration your pre-req average?

Bug2ooth

Guest Bug2ooth

on the uwo website it says:

upper years (beyond year 2) should consist of a full course load with 4 of 5 courses equivalent to 200 level or higher

I am currently in my third year right now.

Last semester i took. One C level course, two B level courses, two A level courses. This semester I am taking, four C level courses and 1 B level courses. Am i oh k? How do i know whether my courses are 200 level?

thank you

Guest iknowabc123

i'm assuming 200 level courses are equal to 2 year level courses

if i take a first year physics course in my last year (currently in my 3rd year) will that be a problem??? my assumption is that it won't be a problem since i am taking 5 courses per semester (full course load) and since UWO says that you need at least 4-5 200 level or higher courses after second year...but i just want to double check with everyone

thanks!

Guest Bug2ooth

Do all schools just make sure that the pre=reqs are complete, or do some schoools actually take the pre-req average into consderation?

bug2ooth

Guest twistedbrain

200 level or higher is equivalent to 2nd year course or higher. Taking a first year course in 2nd year does not equal to taking a 2nd year course. i.e. taking physiology 130 in 2nd year @UWO equal to taking 100 level course, whereas taking chem 213(organic chem) would be equivalent to taking a 200 level course.

Guest DrNickRiviera

001-099         first-year level courses*

100-199         second- and third-year level general courses

200-299         second-year honors-level

300-399         third-year honors-level

400-499         fourth-year honors-level

www.westerncalendar.uwo.c...tml#304991

If you're at a different university, make sure your course is an honors-level for it to be considered a 200.

No clue if you could argue it, but I've found a lot of 100 level courses the same as 200 level (for my electives) - the difference being that they restrict the 200 levels (at least initially) to students in the program). No real difference in difficulty, pre-reqs, etc. I once had a class (Music 266b which was exactly the same as Music 166b (same lectures, tests) only they didn't have space for all the students in the database setup and arbitrarily made it into two).

Archived