Premed 101 Forums

US Schools taking long to respond...

Guest Tonick

Hey everyone, I've applied to a wide range of U.S schools and only have one interview offer thus far even though my applications and supplemental fees have all been sent... My stats are good for the U.S, I've got 21+ on all DAT sections, and a GPA of 3.6.

I was wondering then, is the long time it is taking for interview notification due to a high applicant pool and processing times, or are my stats not high enough?

It depends when you applied. When did schools get your AADSAS? When did they get all your fees/ letters. When did they get your DAT scores.

This year is the largest applicant pool in like over 30 years (40% increase over last year). So getting in will be harder/take longer. But, with those stats, you'll be fine. I have similar stats (21/21/20 DAT and 3.7 GPA) and got in back in December even though I applied kind of late (AADSAS sent very late Sept.)

US is pretty good as a back up. They have better schools with better facilities but expensive as hell. Hope I get in here!

I applied to 6. Got 4 interviews so far plus one of the schools doesn't need an interview. Went to 2 interviews (Harvard and Penn), won't go to the other 2 (Boston and Temple). Accepted to Penn Dec 1. but haven't heard anything from Harvard (interviewed Dec. 2).

I applied much later than I would recommend. When did you apply and when did they have your DAT scores? Every school is backed up this year because of all the applications.

My AADSAS went in late October, and printouts were mailed mid November. I had gotten all my cheques in and stuff before hand. I've gotten one interview but the other schools have yet to respond. I guess I'll just have to play the waiting game.

Btw, congrats on your Penn acceptance, I've heard good things about that school :)

Thanks. I've heard/seen great things about Penn. Only problem is that it's expensive as hell but, if I really want to be a dentist, which I do, I'll go for it.

I think you just have to wait. You may get some interviews soon because deposits were due today for most schools. They'll send more interviews and acceptances in the next week or two.

Good luck!

Archived