Premed 101 Forums

Master's completion in MDCM

Science1997

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently in my first year of my master's degree  and am expected to finish July 2023. I was accepted this cycle for the MDCM program at McGill. After reading the acceptance letter they sent, they seemed strict on completing your master's degree by July 31st. I have heard that some graduate students in the program were able to continue their master's program at the same time of FMD. Is this true? If so, how do I go about asking the admissions office for the same offer? Would my supervisor need to recommend me for this in his letter? 

Thanks

On 4/9/2022 at 9:30 PM, Science1997 said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently in my first year of my master's degree  and am expected to finish July 2023. I was accepted this cycle for the MDCM program at McGill. After reading the acceptance letter they sent, they seemed strict on completing your master's degree by July 31st. I have heard that some graduate students in the program were able to continue their master's program at the same time of FMD. Is this true? If so, how do I go about asking the admissions office for the same offer? Would my supervisor need to recommend me for this in his letter? 

Thanks

Hey, I know of one person who just finished their first year in med while finishing up their MSc. I think your best bet might be to ask your supervisor which can probably pull some strings after.