Premed 101 Forums

UofT Dental

Guest Audio

I'm wondering if anyone gets into UofT with numbers as low as mine. I know that UofT interviews most people with a GPA above 3.6 but my question is this...Do you know of anyone who got in with a GPA as low as 3.73 and a DAT of AA/Sci/PA 22/22/19? I just want to know if people ever get in with marks that low.

I know that UofT pays a lot of attention to GPA and they have a GPA average around 3.81. I also heard that admitted students don't really deviate much from that. Any ideas?

Guest qw1222

Are you a 3rd year? or a 4th year? you can drop one year if you are applying in your 4th year...

your DATs dont mean much. with a 3.73 you still have a chance, your interview just has to be close to the top.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

both of you have a good chance, just make sure you do well on the interview. No one has a better chance...qw1222 what do you know?

YOu ever been interviewed? accepted? You "think" eh..well I KNOW. How about that?

Audio don't listen to this douche, just try your best at the interview and don't give up hope till the last minute. You'll prob get in, even if you get waitlisted. I'm rootin' for ya to get in without waitlist.

Guest qw1222

dude call them up before you accuse me.

Last year:

UofT GPA : 65% counted overall score

Western GPA: 60% counted overall score

I dont want to sound like I am putting anyone down. but just remember a person with a 3.6 gpa can not afford to make any mistakes during the interview, while a person with a 4 gpa has a little leevay.

Guest uoft2005

I realize that interview is relatively a small portion of the grading, however, it can play tremendous role in getting you in. My buddy had like 82 and decent DAT and apparently got into western(off the waitlist).

shiet like this happens all the time and interview can save ur ass especially if ur already competing with high GPA students.

So don't think that 60/65 percent weight of the GPA is a must-have to get in. If u get to the interview stage, it really depends more on the interview in my opinion.

Guest qw1222

I like to add:

I also believe that almost the same group of people get interviews to both western and toronto (almost similar pool has toronto and western have similar criteria: GPA heavy)

so out of 200 interviewed, 100 get accepted to Toronto.

at western too 250 get interviewed, and usually they give offers to 80 students. They give out more invites because people who get accepted at TO most often withdraw the interview. ( TO gives out acceptance before even western sends its interview invites.)

so i believe those 100 who didnt get accepted to Toronto, would most likely get accepted in western.

There are exceptions to this, but look at it this way: if you get an interview at either western and toronto, you have better than 50% getting in. wow, i like those odds.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

if you get an interview you have a really good chance of getting in that is true. But honestly, the interview at that stage will make you. You should try hard to do well regardless on that interview. Because you are scored based on how much the interviewer likes you.

Archived